Chapter 6 ~ The Party's Over

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
jcftao

Re: Chapter 6 ~ The Party's Over

Post by jcftao »

Bengar rounds the corner of a house and sees two hobgoblin guards moving ahead of him. They have spotted something and are moving quickly.

Moonglimmer, you look down a lane and spy the same hobgoblins Bengar has seen. They also spy you. They brandish their axes and run towards you. They are about 100' away. It will take them at least a round to get into melee range. You see behind them, the bedraggled dwarf that Fungo released.

------------------------------------
Susanna, Hadrian once again implores you to come with him to safety, "You are outnumbered! They will kill you and your friends. Flee with me now and we can hope to save them later! We go to the woods, a cleft in the ground...safety...come, now!"

You can see people moving in the square. Guards are getting things sorted out. Otis is carrying Erwin's limp body and also body of Fungo...you don't know if either of them are alive.

Actions for all those yet standing?

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Moonglimmer chitters to Attercop, We must flee. Do you know a way back to the forest?

The elf walks over to the faerie and says, "Your master is a fraud."

She looks to Attercop to lead her away to safety.

OOC: She leaves behind the wooden spear on the ground and the bronze-headed spear propped against a cottage in case the dwarf can find them later.

She takes the faerie's sword though.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

tumblingdice wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:17 am
Bengar, seemingly out of immediate danger, looks about, not sure what to do next. He'll take a few more hesitating steps toward Moonglimmer. He'll look for a makeshift weapon, again, if such a thing is possible.
Our nemesis Claudius had a cudgel - he was killed right next to the cage so it's plausible you may have noticed it as you ran past, if the GM agrees ;)

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

merias wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:58 pm
tumblingdice wrote:
Bengar, seemingly out of immediate danger, looks about, not sure what to do next. He'll take a few more hesitating steps toward Moonglimmer. He'll look for a makeshift weapon, again, if such a thing is possible.
Our nemesis Claudius had a cudgel - he was killed right next to the cage so it's plausible you may have noticed it as you ran past, if the GM agrees ;)
Hmmm...I can't remember anyone saying they did that...there was talk...but I don't think Bengar acted on that?

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

jcftao wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:07 pm
merias wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:58 pm
tumblingdice wrote:
Hmmm...I can't remember anyone saying they did that...there was talk...but I don't think Bengar acted on that?
He did not. I'll be sure to read more carefully from now on.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

jcftao wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:19 am
Susanna, Hadrian once again implores you to come with him to safety, "You are outnumbered! They will kill you and your friends. Flee with me now and we can hope to save them later! We go to the woods, a cleft in the ground...safety...come, now!"
Bizenghast has always - and still does -look out for her companion Susanna. "Hadrian" sounds way too much like "Harridlands"! Bizenghast bursts - potentially careless of her own safety - from the alley into the structure where her friend Susanna is and casts sleep on any and all targets beyond Susanna! "Sussanna! Come with us; forsake 'those' townfolk! I thought you were right behind me."

=============
Memorized Spells:
L0: Smoke
L1: Sleep
L1: Sleep

Spell Book:
(L0) Smoke (tea cup size/volume)
(L1) Read Magic
(L1) Detect Magic
(L1) Sleep
(L1) Read Languages

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Susanna turns towards the market and sees a large hobgoblin and rushing up the lane along with several frightened townsfolk. The townsfolk have no weapons...well, one is carry a breadstick...but the guard is wielding a black-shafted axe.

Bizenghast steps forward and waves her arms...profane and mystical words flow from her mouth...the guard and townsfolk fall. They lie on the street and snore softly.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Two bugbear guards chase the fleeting forms of Moonglimmer and Attercop but are unable to catch them, they turn back and tend to Lord Whiteoak. Nudging the body with his boot, one hobgoblin looks at the other, "He looks dead! We best take him back to the king anyway..."

Bengar, the dwarf overhears their conversation. He is within earshot and unnoticed. A bronze spear is nearby and just a bit farther are the two guards and the paralyzed lord.

@Bengar, you may get away without their notice OR snatch up the spear and charge them! Or something else instead...

Attercop leads Moonglimmer north of the town, past a large cultivated field. Pasture abounds, but to the west is the river and the forest from which your party first came. Attercop leads the elf to a ford several hundred yards upstream and crosses it. In a short while the giant spider has led the elf into the forest. Jumping up into a large oak tree, he chitters the elf to follow...<Elf-friend, climb with me...we are safe among the branches...>

-----------------------------------

The guards step back as Otis picks the hobbit up and places him gently beside Erwin. He hears the queen call to him, "Dear warrior, brave and handsome and strong...I want naught but for your friends to be well again...place them in yon conveyance and we shall return to the keep. They will rest easy while my servants carry them. You, brave warrior, will be at your queen's side. Guard me from any beasts or ill-mannered party guests. We return to the keep!"

The guards, fairie lords, king and queen, and retinue prepare to leave. Erwin and Otis lie uncomfortably in the cage and a servant locks the door. Once again the leaves begin to rustle and the light step of fairie and stag mark the procession of the king. Back to the keep they go.

The townsfolk are still standing in the market. Mouths agape in confusion about exactly what just took place. A three tiered cake, glazed with honey and strawberries, lay smashed on the ground...a crummy bootprint signifying no dessert today.

Actions?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter CURRENTLY CHARMED

Otis nods obediently to the Queen and says "Okay. But kin you please make sure nobody hurts them? They've taken good care of me, and I don't want nothin' happenin' to em."

Otis quietly accompanies the Queen, glancing back occasionally, feeling torn at leaving without the others. While he isn't very smart, he has the presence of mind to mentally note how they are travelling to wherever they are going, just in case he needs to make his way back alone.

OOC: As Laurel used to say to Hardy: "Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten us into..."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

I'm thinking the party is more like the Three Stooges! :lol: :lol: :lol: