Chapter7 ~ Escape from the Keep

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
jcftao

Chapter7 ~ Escape from the Keep

Post by jcftao »

Current NPCs and groups

Erwin is in the tall tower.

Otis is talking to Katherine, the magic mirror, on the ground floor of the keep.

Fungo is just hanging about in the dungeon beneath the keep.

Bengar, Attercop, Bizenghast, Susanna, and Moonglimmer are in the forest talking with Guyot de Fortunato and Berlioz (the bear).

++++++++++++++++++++++
Current Status of the PCs
Erwin hp 5/8
Bengar hp 2/7
Fungo hp 5/9 (twice beaten...about 50/50 subdual and real damage)
Attercop hp 6/13
Moonglimmer hp 5/7
Otis hp 11/11 No longer charmed!
Bizenghast hp 7/7
Susanna hp 7/7

jcftao

Re: Chapter7 ~ Escape from the Keep

Post by jcftao »

Otis finds a cloth that was covering some furniture in a vacant room. This will work well for covering the mirror later.
He then climbs the tower steps, once again passing a couple floors and doors, until he reaches the room with the guard.

As he approaches, Otis can see the guard is alone, standing by the door, apparently unaware of him.

Actions?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis glances around, making sure no one is present, then he'll storm into the room, if he can draw his sword and shut the door on his way in, he'll engage the guard, and he'll shout "Erwin! It's Otis!"

OOC: Here goes nothing. Otis is banking on the closed door and the revelry below to mask noise.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Otis charges into the room, slamming the door as he goes and calling for Erwin.

The guard reacts faster than Otis hoped. He swings his halberd at Otis, but comes up short. Unbalanced from his swing, the hobgoblin slips and hits the stone floor! [Rolled a 1 to hit! :lol: ]

Otis runs the guard through with his sword [roll=15, dmg=5, just enough to slay him!]

With hardly a sound, the guard has been dispatched.

Flinging the door open, Otis sees Erwin dressed and standing ready.

Actions?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis smiles at Erwin. "Master Erwin! Am I glad to see you! That nasty Queen cast a spell on me and made me a bad guy. But I'm better now! I met a new friend in a mirror, and she told me where you and Master Fungo were. We've got to get Fungo, they're gonna kill him. Oh, and I've got to grab my friend Katherine, I'm taking her with us, she's a mirror, you know." Otis smiles and points to the guard - "I didn't like him one bit. He was mean. Maybe we should hide him or somethin'."

OOC: Otis will quickly tell Erwin what he knows, what's going on, and where the mirror and Fungo are. He'll also tell him about the escape routes he learned of from Katherine. He surmises that maybe Fungo could open the door in the tower or downstairs that the king has the key for. At any rate, he tells Erwin that he is taking Katherine with them no matter what, he promised her. He'll defer to Erwin for strategy, but he'll tell him that apparently the Queen likes him and doesn't intend to kill him. But she's unaware that Otis is no longer charmed.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

badams30 wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:27 pm
Otis - Fighter

Otis smiles at Erwin. "Master Erwin! Am I glad to see you! That nasty Queen cast a spell on me and made me a bad guy. But I'm better now! I met a new friend in a mirror, and she told me where you and Master Fungo were. We've got to get Fungo, they're gonna kill him. Oh, and I've got to grab my friend Katherine, I'm taking her with us, she's a mirror, you know." Otis smiles and points to the guard - "I didn't like him one bit. He was mean. Maybe we should hide him or somethin'."
Erwin hears a commotion and a muffled yell outside his door, then is quite surprised to see Otis barge into the room! He takes in what the Fighter blurts out. "Otis my friend, good to see you! I see you have taken care of my problem outside the door...thank you, thank you! I think we should get to Fungo as soon as possible, do you know the way?"

badams30

Post by badams30 »

merias wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:11 pm
badams30 wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:27 pm
Otis - Fighter

Erwin hears a commotion and a muffled yell outside his door, then is quite surprised to see Otis barge into the room! He takes in what the Fighter blurts out. "Otis my friend, good to see you! I see you have taken care of my problem outside the door...thank you, thank you! I think we should get to Fungo as soon as possible, do you know the way?"
Otis motions toward the door and says "YES! But we must be careful! And I need to retrieve the mirror!" Otis will lead Erwin to the area where Fungo is being held.
QUESTION: Will we pass by the area where the mirror is on our way out, or not? If not, Otis will have to grab the mirror on the way to Fungo. He'd prefer to leave it till we make our escape.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The room where the mirror resides is on the ground floor in a hallway leading into the tall tower. Otis knows that the dungeon is somewhere in the tall tower...same tower that Erwin was kept. Otis has seen a stairway going down into the dungeon.

Actions?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis quickly tells Erwin about the layout of the tower and where to go, and then quickly looks for a place to hide the body of the guard, mopping up any mess that is left.

OOC: I guess the plan is to free Fungo then grab the mirror and make our way out.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

badams30 wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:16 pm
OOC: I guess the plan is to free Fungo then grab the mirror and make our way out.
Sounds like a plan!

Before they leave, Erwin looks for anything he can use as a club or staff.