Chapter 8 ~ Into The Ways

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
merias
Site Admin

Re: Chapter 8 ~ Into The Ways

Post by merias »

Erwin grabs a hunk of bread and cheese, and a cup of wine and heads over to the old man's table.

"Good day sir, would you mind a bit of company? I am Erwin, Cleric of the Green Man. My companions and I are new to these parts. Who might you be?"

herself

Post by herself »

Susanna will stay with Otis, and the others but look around a bit more. She’s not comfortable going up to strangers but she’ll try to make note of their faces.

Does she think Nehim is human?

Ooc: Did the cat and bear say they had been here before? Sorry, have lost track.
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo stumbles back and says, Guys, I don’t think they want to be our friends.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

herself wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:18 pm
Susanna will stay with Otis, and the others but look around a bit more. She’s not comfortable going up to strangers but she’ll try to make note of their faces.

Does she think Nehim is human?

Ooc: Did the cat and bear say they had been here before? Sorry, have lost track.
Nehim has ebony skin, but her eyes are yellow. You have never seen a human with yellow eyes before. Her face is human and she is beautiful. Her age is hard to tell, definitely past her youth, but not a sign of middle age.

Guyot and Berlioz have travelled by using the standing stones, but never have they entered the Ways.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Moonglimmer sips at her blackberry wine and nibbles on portions of each of the foods before her.

Does it taste unusual? Did the group see a hen house as they approached? A garden? The heard what may have been a river....

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

mythictom wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:42 pm
Moonglimmer sips at her blackberry wine and nibbles on portions of each of the foods before her.

Does it taste unusual? Did the group see a hen house as they approached? A garden? The heard what may have been a river....
Moonglimmer did not see any farmland, orchards, hen houses, or any animals during her journey in the Ways. Nibbling at her food and taking a sip of the wine, she finds both palatable. Not in any kind of enchanted way, just good food and drink.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

badams30 wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:36 pm
Otis - Fighter
Otis smiles at the woman as she offloads the food. He takes a big swig of ale and says quietly “Ma’am, my friends and I are looking for a stone pillar thing with lotsa magic writing on it. Do you know where we kin find something like that around here?”
Nehim studies the mirror. You can see Katherine within the frame. She is no longer holding a lantern in the dark. See is seated at a dressing table and her room is illuminated by the lantern. You can see some of the furnishings of a room. Katherine looks back at Nehim and nods her head." Nehim smiles and says softly, "Hello, lady-in-the-mirror."

Nehim smiles at Otis, "Well, that is interesting. I suppose the stone pillar you speak of may be a gate between locations. You are in a place between worlds. It is commonly referred to as "The Ways". Did you have a little trouble working the gate? Mayhaps someone jostled your caster? The Ways are the shoals to your ship, sir, and this is the lighthouse." Nehim smiles at the sound of that.

"You will find many doorways in the Ways. I wouldn't open any of them unless you are certain of where it might lead. One word of advice, don't get lost in the Ways. You'll never get home and you'd be lucky to get out alive."

"Rest here, weary travellers. My establishment gives naught but comfort, I want naught but coin...oh, a good tale would always be nice, too."

"What brings you to these parts, young sir?"

Actions?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

merias wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:08 pm
Erwin grabs a hunk of bread and cheese, and a cup of wine and heads over to the old man's table.

"Good day sir, would you mind a bit of company? I am Erwin, Cleric of the Green Man. My companions and I are new to these parts. Who might you be?"
The old man looks at Erwin, squinting all the while. He looks all around the room taking time to linger on the other empty tables and chairs. Then sighs and turns again to Erwin, "Well, sit down if you must, but mind my foot! Damn gout! Nehim won't give me anymore of the smoked herring...too rich, bah!"

"I am Odimus of Isprey, legendary wizard, I'm sure you've heard of me..." he helps himself to Erwin's bread and cheese, "The Green Man, you say? I thought he was favored by the elves and those uncouth rascals up in Nye!? Er, well, nevermind that, I suppose..." he brushes some crumbs off of his shirt.

Odimus looks at Erwin's feet, "You look reasonably well, able to ambulate and all that, I suppose...what in the name of Plutarch's whiskers are you tramping around in the Ways?"

The small white mouse perched near his hand, gingerly moves towards the cheese plate.

"I am parched!" He snaps his fingers and the ball of light winks away. Rolling up his scroll, he calls out, "Nehim! My friend wants more wine and bring one for me...and also some herring!"

"Melon!" comes a voice from the kitchen.

"Herring!" Odimus retorts.

Actions?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Feeling a sense of relief at the friendliness of Nehim, Otis smiles at her and says in his typical effervescent way "I'm Otis, Otis of Guyre. The pretty lady in the mirror is Miss Katherine, and she's my friend, along with these good folks... and critters... uh... you see..." Regaining his thoughts he continues his ramble: "We were trying to get home, away from some really bad folks who hoodwinked us, and Bizenghast got us to you interesting corner of wherever this is... So we're looking to find the way home - us, and our new friends here" As he gestures to our odd entourage.

"Thank you for your hospitality, nice lady. I'd like to stay here, I haven't had a good nights sleep in a bunch of moons. And this food is amazing. Best I've had since my mama passed. Did I mention my mama? She told me I could do anything and be anything, and here I am, if she could see me know... I reckon she kin see me, on account that she's in the stars and whatnot.... why.... blah blah blah....." Otis continues on, oblivious, but comfortable and happy in the company of his new companions and this Nehim person.

OOC: Otis will tell Nehim about the Jabberwocky thing and how the bird led him to his best friends ever, and how they've been adventuring ever since. He'll leave out a bit of the specifics about the King and Queen, just in case....

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

jcftao wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:47 pm
Odimus looks at Erwin's feet, "You look reasonably well, able to ambulate and all that, I suppose...what in the name of Plutarch's whiskers are you tramping around in the Ways?"
"We travelled here by way of the standing stone in the fae world, it was not our intention to come, but here we are. Is there another stone in the Ways or some other way we can return to our own world?"