Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:44 am
Too funny! Susanna ponders manners at the garrison canteen! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

connivingsumo

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by connivingsumo »

herself wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:41 am
Now that they've mentioned it, she is rather peckish... "Thanks very much, Pie-Hobbit. I look forward to eating with you." She crosses her hands on the table in front of her in what she hopes is good manners. She's not really sure, if her hands should be on the table or off the table, but she suspects tucking them under her armpits is not good manners.
The pudgy short-stack appears to 'connect' with her struggle "Oh... Oh! M'Lady! The Hobbit seems genuinely pained! "Think not of hand placement; oh dear, No! One of your stature musn't fret upon such matters, especially when confronting a savory such as this... the rotund Halfling's hand emerges with what could only be considered a... "brownie."

Save vs Abandoned Decadence -9 :twisted:

Archer & Chef
HP: 12
AC: 6 [13]
Super sneaky
To Hit: +3 (missile weapons)
Zen Archer ~ Allies are safe when I fire into combat
Arrows = 40

herself

Post by herself »

Susanna forgets about hand placements. Said hands shoot out and lunge for the brownie--!
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The captain of the garrison interrupts the bake off with a loud clearing of his throat, "The patrol boat is set to sail. Get your gear and meet down at the pier. You'll see the ship. They are expecting you."

Before Otis can leave the garrison, the quarter master catches up to him. He is beaming with pride as he presents the finished shield to Otis.
On the front are two icons. One is the fine features of a young maiden as Otis had described Katherine. The other is that of a large green dragon. The dragon looks much more fearsome than the real Yarrow presented himself. [I'll let Otis describe the shield imagery more to his liking if he wishes].
The overall effect is quite powerful.

The boat is waiting at the dock. It is a clinker built boat with a main sail and banks of oars. There are a dozen sailors dressed in the blue and white livery of the Crown of Eyre. The lion rampant flies proudly as the flag of the boat.

An officer approaches your group, "We can take you wherever you wish to go. Lord Commander Fynn has placed this vessel and the men at your command. The men have crossbows and a ballista is mounted on the bow. Will you be needing anything before we set sail?"

You see some of the fishermen standing around watching. One of the fishermen is there that spoke with Fungo yesterday. His name is Sack.

Actions?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - FIghter

Otis stops in his tracks as he sees his new shield. "Wow, this is amazing. I wish my mama could see this. Thank you." Otis slips him an extra 5 silver for his good job. He proudly hoists his shield up and grabs his gear, boarding the boat and checking out the weapons on board. He nods politely at the crew as he boards.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Maybe we should start by heading out to where the best fishing spots are, there might be some boats out there now who have seen something.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Bengar looks down at the water with no small amount of trepidation as he steps aboard the vessel.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo approaches Sack and asks about fishing and where boats have gone missing.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

greyarea wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:12 am
Fungo approaches Sack and asks about fishing and where boats have gone missing.
Sack looks down when the soldiers look his way. "They ain't gonna find nothing patrolling out on the water with that big boat. Youse got too many people and nobody's been attacked when they's been on a patrol boat, now ain't they?"

"I been figurin' about this. Ol' Tam's boat was found beached 'bout a hunnert yards off o' Isprey. By me calculatin' I'm thinkin' his boat drifted on the tide as it came in. This done pushed 'is boat about a couple miles south with the current and wind. Ye'd be daft lookin' around the harbor o' Isprey. You needs to be rowing up north."

"There's danger to the north, craggy cliffs and lot's o' stone teeth in them waters. You'd be a fool runnin' that big bastard o' a boat up thet way..."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo looks at the patrol boat and then at Sack. Have you ever been up that way? Could you take us there?