badams30

Re: Part Two - On Top of Old Blight

Post by badams30 »

mythictom wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:22 pm
badams30 wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:17 pm
Alphonse - Magic User

Alphonse will happily contribute any gear to the effort.
You didn't buy any for him! Lol
And I'll happily contribute ALL of it! (crud, I thought I bought him stuff... must not have saved the update)

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

connivingsumo wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:23 pm
I don't think we want Roikos swinging around any grappling hooks. With that DEX of 7, he's likely to take someone's ear with it ~ fishing lure, cast style!

Like Alphonse, Roikos happily contributes hardware.
Your Dex scores are 7, 8, 10, 12. I'm not gonna be too strict about such things, but none of you should attempt anything Legolas-y.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

mythictom wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:29 pm
connivingsumo wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:23 pm
I don't think we want Roikos swinging around any grappling hooks. With that DEX of 7, he's likely to take someone's ear with it ~ fishing lure, cast style!

Like Alphonse, Roikos happily contributes hardware.
Your Dex scores are 7, 8, 10, 12. I'm not gonna be too strict about such things, but none of you should attempt anything Legolas-y.
Yikes. Much lower and we'd all need a mobility scooter or something.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

"The top of the tower may be easier to climb unto instead of one of the arrow slits. Don't you agree, Jahan? It allows us to stay together. I'd rather not have you clambering in a window and then having to navigate down to this door alone."

"I don't know what side would be best to assail? Perhaps find a section of the tower with no windows nearby. The folks inside may not take too kindly to having us climbing up their walls."

"Are you all in? If any of you rather, I could just knock on the door and ask the wizard to hand over any children he is holding captive?" :lol:

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Alphonse - Magic User

Alphonse shrugs and says "All this climbing business sounds quite dangerous. Maybe we could sneak up to one of these doors, listen to hear if anyone is present, and then make entry. Maybe we take the path less travelled, eh?"

OOC: Maybe take whichever path is least travelled and check that door first. The longer we linger outside the more likely we are to be found. The other option would be to withdraw to a safe distance, make a cold camp and recon/observe the tower.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

badams30 wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:21 pm
Alphonse - Magic User

Alphonse shrugs and says "All this climbing business sounds quite dangerous. Maybe we could sneak up to one of these doors, listen to hear if anyone is present, and then make entry. Maybe we take the path less travelled, eh?"

OOC: Maybe take whichever path is least travelled and check that door first. The longer we linger outside the more likely we are to be found. The other option would be to withdraw to a safe distance, make a cold camp and recon/observe the tower.
Just to be clear, the Wizard's Tower has one door. Across the courtyard, the East Tower has a door, but the West Tower has none. Inside the West Tower are piles of refuse (stones, dirt and wood, at a glance at this distance).

badams30

Post by badams30 »

GOTCHA! Thanks.
Shall we try the west tower first? Maybe check to see if anything hidden in there, secret doors, etc?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Before we look at the older towers, I think giving this door a good listen is wise...and having Jahan make a quick peek up to one of the windows above, and perhaps a look at the top of this keep. It wouldn't take long for a climber like him.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

jcftao wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:58 pm
Before we look at the older towers, I think giving this door a good listen is wise...and having Jahan make a quick peek up to one of the windows above, and perhaps a look at the top of this keep. It wouldn't take long for a climber like him.
Alphonse agrees, and he'll keep an eye on the windows and tops of the towers for any potential movement as Jahan checks it out.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:31 pm
mythictom wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:29 pm
Yikes. Much lower and we'd all need a mobility scooter or something.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: