B1.4 - Gems for Trogs

Exploring the elder, esoteric Lands and Environs of the D&D Wilderness. When we have time.

Moderator: greyarea

connivingsumo

Re: B1.4 - Gems for Trogs

Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:39 pm
(I sometimes think this game could use a caller…)[/ooc]
That's not a bad idea!
jcftao wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:32 pm
Sumo or Badams would be fine callers! Why don't you fellows step up or flip a coin?
Sumo takes a step back, which defaults Badams stepping forward. Caller elected! Congratulations, Badams!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:33 pm
(Were there any exits in that room besides the boarded up exit?)
Slip only saw the one that was boarded up; that doesn't mean there aren't more she didn't see, that's just what she saw.
badams30 wrote:Our tactical withdrawal plan is: if someone signals the retreat, we'll go back the way we came, someone will toss some oil at the mouth of the stinky lizard cave to cover the retreat and we'll carefully withdraw just past the trap being careful to not set it off. We'll wait there and if the trogs come for us, we'll try to force them into the trap at the bottlenck.

Sound okay? Missing anything?
Works for me!

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

The plan sounds good!

So, who's gonna be our mapper? ;)

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

King of the troglodytes, round 1

The party enters the area, intending to surprise the trogs. (surprise d6=3 not surprised)

There are indeed four of the smelly lizard-creatures in the room. The troglodyte chieftain says, What you want? in barely passable common before the battle begins.

Initiative party 1, trogs 1 simultaneous

Fauk throws oil in the direction of the chieftain (d20=3). The oil flies far and wide. It smashes on the ground, leaving an oil slick.

Tor has the torch but, seeing as the oil trick didn't work, he tosses it aside and charges the nearest troglodyte. (d20+2=14 hit, dmg 10) He slices the troglodyte in two. (That troglodyte still gets an attack as action is simultaneous.)

Bert attacks the second nearest troglodyte. (d20=18, dmg 1) The troglodyte laughed off the wound.

Slip slips around trying to get a backstab in. The chieftain might be in striking range in two rounds, she calculates.

Trebb, having no idea what he was supposed to do, throws his dagger at a troglodyte (d20=15, hit, dmg 2) who is now alerted to the kid wizard's presence.

The troglodyte with Tor lashes out (d20=13, 5, 15, dmg 1) but he can't get through the warrior's armor and only nicks Tor before he is brought down.

Bert's foe attacks (d20=2, 10, 9) but the cleric luckily avoids the blow.

The troglodyte Trebb attacked gets in one of his own, (d20=12,8,15, dmg 6) and the boy wizard slumps over (-2 hit points, will get a death save next round).

The chieftain eyes the oil-lobber and charges him (d20=16,3,19 dmg 5) wounding Fauk.

There are three troglodytes left, one engaged with Bert, one with Fauk, and one with an empty dance card. Slip believes she can get a backstab in with the chieftain next round, but it would mean stepping out of the shadows and revealing herself.

Actions?

Fauk 3/9
Slip 5/5
Tor 9/9
Bert 3/6
Trebb -2/4

Sorry about the delay.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Bert - Priest

Bert sees Treb go down, but seeing as we're in the thick of it, he tries to kill the trog in front of him.

OOC: Yikes. That round didn't go too well.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Slip
The combat is frantic, chaos runs through the Scout's mind! Slip thinks to tend to Trebb, but her mind stays in the combat, and she hopes with all her heart Trebb can hold on!

She calculates the risk of coming out of the shadows, but makes the decision to do so for two reasons: One - it's the leader! And Two - she has faith in her companions and they seem able to handle their opponents, so she feels safe in revealing herself for a strike at the Chieftan!

"FOR TREBB!" she thinks to herself as she readies her attack.

greyarea wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:08 pm
Sorry about the delay.
I was about to leave ya a skellie :mrgreen: but I didn't want to raz you like I do badams. I inadvertently insulted a PbP GM once and he closed the game and quit the forums, so I'm a lot more careful now about how I come across in text. :wtf: :crazy: :? :(

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

tumblingdice wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:11 pm
Sorry, tumblingdice! I started a response, but must not have hit 'send/post'! :shock: One of Slip's side gigs is cartography, and I think she has the gear to keep/maintain a map, so she's happy to do so.
However, I'm not sure my digital mapping skills are up to par, so we likely have to rely on greyarea for the actual map! :mrgreen:

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Tor, seeing his chances to get in a dance with the last troglodyte, lunges at it with his greatsword.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

connivingsumo wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:22 pm
greyarea wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:08 pm
Sorry about the delay.
I was about to leave ya a skellie :mrgreen: but I didn't want to raz you like I do badams.
I totally would have deserved it. Maybe not as much as Badams but I would have deserved it nonetheless. :mrgreen:

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

connivingsumo wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:25 pm
tumblingdice wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:11 pm
Sorry, tumblingdice! I started a response, but must not have hit 'send/post'! :shock: One of Slip's side gigs is cartography, and I think she has the gear to keep/maintain a map, so she's happy to do so.
However, I'm not sure my digital mapping skills are up to par, so we likely have to rely on greyarea for the actual map! :mrgreen:
Yeah, not much need for mapping in the online world. Alas. First penmanship. Then woodshop. Now mapping.