The Blowing Sands [1]

Virtual Pals & Long Distance Friends ~ Coup de foudre!

Moderator: connivingsumo

User avatar
jcftao
Posts: 1730
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am
Contact:

Re: The Blowing Sands [1]

Post by jcftao »

"Well, it appears that that did the trick! Now, let's get one of these doors open?" says Tenebrous.

User avatar
greyarea
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: The Blowing Sands [1]

Post by greyarea »

Kung Fu Jim attempts to open the center door.

User avatar
badams30
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Re: The Blowing Sands [1]

Post by badams30 »

Badobus stands by, ready to chop anything that might come out of the door!

User avatar
connivingsumo
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:55 pm

Re: The Blowing Sands [1]

Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:25 am
Kung Fu Jim attempts to open the center door.
The center door handle turns easily and the door opens with a small squeak. Inside the dimensions are as expected, a round tube large enough for one person, and ascending and descending is a ladder.

Actions?

User avatar
greyarea
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: The Blowing Sands [1]

Post by greyarea »

Kung Fu Joe looks up and down. He begins ascending the ladder, as he is surprised it goes that way.

User avatar
badams30
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Re: The Blowing Sands [1]

Post by badams30 »

Badobus - Dwarf

Badobus groans loudly as he watches KFJ descend. "Here we go. Be careful, no telling what's down there." He motions for the others to go and he says "I'll take up the rear, I guess. I hope there's some grub down there, I'm gettin' hungry."

OOC: Badobus waits to descend last, keeping a watchful eye on the other entries to the room

User avatar
connivingsumo
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:55 pm

Re: The Blowing Sands [1]

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:33 pm
Badobus - Dwarf

Badobus groans loudly as he watches KFJ descend. "Here we go. Be careful, no telling what's down there." He motions for the others to go and he says "I'll take up the rear, I guess. I hope there's some grub down there, I'm gettin' hungry."

OOC: Badobus waits to descend last, keeping a watchful eye on the other entries to the room
Actually, KFC Ascended, up, so does that change your action(s)?

User avatar
jcftao
Posts: 1730
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am
Contact:

Re: The Blowing Sands [1]

Post by jcftao »

Tenebrous, being the cautious spellcaster that he is, will go up the ladder somewhere in the middle of the party.

User avatar
connivingsumo
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:55 pm

Re: The Blowing Sands [1]

Post by connivingsumo »

jcftao wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:23 am
Tenebrous, being the cautious spellcaster that he is, will go up the ladder somewhere in the middle of the party.
Tenebrous, following the Monk, expects Grarsh to follow, which would leave Tenebrous right in the middle as planned; however, as logical as that is, the Half-Orc flexes his wisdom, "I know where dat ladur goez, an we are no fit up der!"

Sure enough, no sooner Grarsh finishes holler'en up the tube, Tenebrous smacks right into the bottom of the Monk's feet! It seems KFJ has found himself in a mechanical statue of sorts. He's in one of the statues - the middle one - up atop the pyramid! He can see out the statue's eyes, maneuver the arms and head, and even sees a conical shaped "speaker" to shout through.

To Jim's left and right he sees similar statues, made of the same bronze'ish type material, and now that he's up here closer to them he can see they have little windows in their eyes as well. Also being wise, he suspects they have the same mechanical functions as this one.

The Dwarf has leaned against the stone door to keep it open, and just shakes his head chuckling at his companions 'stuck' (figuratively speaking) in this tube! "Wagon jam! HEH!!"

User avatar
greyarea
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: The Blowing Sands [1]

Post by greyarea »

Kung Fu Joe says, Teacher say, if up is not down, then must go down to get up.

He starts to reverse course, if the others will let him...

Post Reply