Trouble at Brandonsford!

A White Box FMAG Sandbox
badams30

Re: Trouble at Brandonsford!

Post by badams30 »

The little green person give Eerik an annoyed glance and says "That's for her WELCOMED guests. Do you have an appointment? What do you need here?" Then she recoils visibly at Dewplo when he puts his feet in the pond, and the other similar beings in the pond back up a little bit. (Dewplo, the pond gets deep in the center, but toward the edge you can make out a few coins, and some rusted weapons submerged near the edge)
She stands up and points at Dewplo and says "What are you DOING? How would you like it if I washed my feet in your house? And no, I'm not a warden, whatever that is, we're her guards, and we keep her safe from hoodlums and crooks. Now I'll tell you ONE LAST TIME - you toss those weapons in this pond or you're going to make nice shrubs here next to our pond."

She snorts, puts her hands on her hips and glares at all of you. The other beings in the pond just watch, occasionally blinking.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Dewplo "the brave" Buttonberry
badams30 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:59 pm
She stands up and points at Dewplo and says "What are you DOING? How would you like it if I washed my feet in your house?"
The Halfling's face retorts in horror at her absolute lack of manners! Being sure to maintain his feets in the water, his horror turns to disgust as he scoots cheek-by-cheek away from her about 12 inches. "Washing?! Do you see my famous lye-and-pork-fat soap? NO! I am cooling my feets, NOT washing them. And... yes, you would be welcome to cool off in my home... for my part, anyway."
badams30 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:59 pm
And no, I'm not a warden, whatever that is, we're her guards, and we keep her safe from hoodlums and crooks. Now I'll tell you ONE LAST TIME - you toss those weapons in this pond or you're going to make nice shrubs here next to our pond."
"A guard, keeping the grounds and inhabitants safe, THAT is a Warden." he huffs, crossing his arms and sticking out his chin in a pout, wiggling his toes in the water.

Master Sneaker
Target priority: imminent danger (self or companion), then the target most injured.
+ Arrows = 20
+ HP: 7
+ AC: 13
+ Super sneaky (Near Invisibility (1-5/d6))
+ To Hit: +3 with missiles (+1 melee), or +5 if Hidden (+3 melee).
+ Only receive half damage from 'Giant Types' (Ogres, Giants, Trolls, etc.)
When possible, Sammich will always try to retrieve previously fired arrows.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

You’d best listen to Dewplo, “guard”, says Hugi. He can tackle folk twice his size, easily. And then make them tea or something, because he’s tough but friendly.

Unlike you, who is making us feel more unwelcome by the moment. We’re here on official business for the town. We don’t mean any harm but turning our weapons to rust is the opposite of what we need to do right now. If the lady of the house doesn’t want to come near us when we’re so armed then she can shout from afar.

And stop threatening us. I wouldn’t make for a nice shrubbery anyway. Likely turn into a deformed bramble.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

OC: Does Sythandra recognize these creatures?

Sythandra the elf stoops down a little until her face is level with the "guard's." You don't need to fear, she says, with a shy smile. I'm a witch, too, you know.

She pauses. Tell you what. If you tell me what your master does with trespassers, I'll tell you what I do with little pond nymphs who cross me. Or, we could put all this unpleasantness aside, we keep our weapons, and you bring us to your master. The choice is yours.

Sythandra waits with a serene, but expectant smile on her face.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:15 pm
You’d best listen to Dewplo, “guard”, says Hugi. He can tackle folk twice his size, easily. And then make them tea or something, because he’s tough but friendly.
Emboldened by Hugi, Dewplo adds, "Yeah, and if you do turn me into a shrubbery, I will be sure to make the most terrible, obscene gesture! See what your garden thinks of that!!" he huffs, looking at the little green woman and the 'blinkers' out in the pond for some sort of reaction.

The Halfling calms a bit and unslings his backpack while remaining seated on the grassy pond-bed, "I will make you tea, though, would you like some? You know, there's a treacherous villain about, some sort of giant lizard; we've come to inquire with the lady of the forest hoping she would know if this is true or not. he tells the little woman, with a genuine smile, while revealing his pint sized tea kettle in his backpack, bouncing his eyebrows up and down.

Leaning forward toward the water so he can see around Sythandra, "We're kind folk; we mean no good folk any harm; well, shoot, just ask the kind & friendly frogmen. If our equipment is unacceptable we can speak loudly so you all are at a safe distance." he says with a wide, toothy grin.

spanningtree

Post by spanningtree »

Eerik

Fondly day dreams about their last hostess and the butter buns... Right, dropping our weapons while there is a dragon on the prowl is counter productive, at best.

kipper

Post by kipper »

Jocasta has been standing silently. She thinks to look at the topiary, do they show any signs of weapons to back up this pond-nymph's tale?

We could leave our weapons behind with a guard (rather than throwing them into the pond). Also, this pond nymph could actually be the witch, for all we know.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

As everyone peppers the creature with questions and wit, her rising temper is palpable, and her frown grows into a large scowl. She finally shouts "STOP IT! IM GETTING TIRED OF MESSING AROUND, NOW YOU'RE IN FOR IT!" She starts to move forward and suddenly you hear a crackling female voice shout "What's all this noise about?"
glancing toward the cottage and the source of the voice, you see a stooped elderly human woman with frizzy long grey hair and a wrinkly purple dress. Her right eye bulges out, and she slowly steps forward a couple shaky steps using a shiny gnarled staff.

"Trixie, what's going on over there? Do we have visitors?" The little creature exhales loudly and says "YES! They won't put their weapons down." The woman in the purple dress grumbles under her breath and says "Oh, won't you stop that?" She points her staff at you all and says in a crotchety voice "What do you want? I'm trying to rest, you know."

The creature slinks back into the water slowly and whispers "I'm going to enjoy seeing you all as shrubs." and she disappears with only her eyes and top of her head visible.

With the exception of the one creature, the others disappear under the water. The (presumably) witch stands tapping her foot impatiently, her cross-eyed stare fixed on your party waiting for a reply.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Hugi bows and says, Hello. I’m Hugi and these are my friends. We apologize for waking you. We have a matter of some urgency.

We’ve taken on the task of ridding the area of the drake that’s been terrorizing the townsfolk and such. You come highly recommended as a source for both information about the beast and assistance in discovering how to subdue the creature.

kipper

Post by kipper »

Jocasta nods in agreement with Hugi, not seeing the need to add anything further.