OOC CHAT

A White Box FMAG Sandbox
tumblingdice

Re: OOC CHAT

Post by tumblingdice »

A challenge, to be sure. There's something to be said for having a welcoming home, however. Our porch is too loaded up with junk for anybody to hang out on.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

tumblingdice wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:37 pm
A challenge, to be sure. There's something to be said for having a welcoming home, however. Our porch is too loaded up with junk for anybody to hang out on.
Yeah, I do like that they feel comfy enough to hang out here. Reminds me of my friends house in middle and high school where we used to hang out almost every day and play D&D at. Cool vibes.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

School starts for me in about two weeks! Oh where has the summer gone?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

My kid doesn’t start back up until the day after Labor Day. I wasn’t sure that was even a thing until we moved to Minnesota.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Growing up in northeast MI, we started school on an abbreviated week the week of Labor Day. Funny though, our summers were pretty comfy, no humidity, temps averaged in the mid to upper 70s, we didn't have AC or ceiling fans. But literally once you started back to school and Labor Day arrived, it was like flipping a switch, it was chilly, mornings in the 50s, etc. Now it's routine to have 90 degree days up there. Odd.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

I'll be away from my computer for a couple nights...camping...but will post either Sat night late or Sunday afternoon. Otherwise, I give control of Willig to our fair and generous DM...

badams30

Post by badams30 »

jcftao wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:23 pm
I'll be away from my computer for a couple nights...camping...but will post either Sat night late or Sunday afternoon. Otherwise, I give control of Willig to our fair and generous DM...
Cool! What kind of camping? I've gotten the bug and I'm trying to get my fam to agree to camping. I really want to buy a small teardrop trailer, not sure if I can pull that off, but my plan is to buy some camping stuff and take a couple of the kiddos with me, and when they have fun (AND THEY WILL! OR ELSE) then I'll suck em' all in!
The thing that sucks for me is its so dang hot here in NC, so summer camping is kind of a no-go unless you have AC. But I found this cool site called HipCamp and it's got these private little camping sites that are so cool. So I'm really hankering for some camping.

As for controlling your character, I don't think there will be any life or death, but we're getting close to action, I promise! HONEST!

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

badams30 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:41 pm
… I don't think there will be any life or death…
The pile of ash formerly known as Hugi begs to differ. ;)

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

I never camped as a kid, but did some in college, which I enjoyed. A few times we here hiking in the mountains, and camping was the only option. I'm down with that. No problemo. Camping in a site in a campground right next to someone else, though? Less enthusiastic than I used to be. Once my wife insisted on a queen-sized inflatable mattress for the tent, I saw no point to it and lost interest. If you're going to do that, you might as well get a bare bones cabin on a lake with a fire pit outside. I'd rather rent that for a week than buy a bunch of camping gear that I'm going to lose, or my kids are going to destroy, and then have to buy all over again next year. I should add that when I was younger I was perfectly happy with my sleeping bag and Ridge Rest foam pad. I used the latter for years in my apartment every morning doing back stretches. But then <diplomatically switches to passive voice> it got thrown out and replaced with a big honking yoga mat, which one of our cats peed on and then got thrown away too. It's a good thing I'm not bitter about that.

But everybody else in the family is super jazzed about the idea of camping, so I'd better make peace with it one of these days.

kipper

Post by kipper »

I will be away from my computer (unable to post) for a week (Aug 9-15).