OOC CHAT

A White Box FMAG Sandbox
badams30

OOC CHAT

Post by badams30 »

It's like Cheers, where everybody knows your name. But we DON'T talk about Bruno, okay?

FYI - I'm working on the player notes, houserules and general info, I'll have it up this week, along with some basics. Looking forward to playing!

We've got:
JCFTAO
Connivingsumo
Greyarea
Spanningtree

We'll be using White Box: FMAG. Stand by for info and house rules and all that.

The gist here is that this is a sandbox, your characters are new to the area and don't know much, and that in the absence of a defined rule - just ask. My general philosophy is that there's a chance for anything to succeed, heroes (and villains) are exceptional and nothing is impossible.

spanningtree

Re: OOC CHAT

Post by spanningtree »

Woof, long time everyone! Good to see this group getting together again!!

badams30

Post by badams30 »

spanningtree wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:23 am
Woof, long time everyone! Good to see this group getting together again!!
YAAAS! I'm stoked to get the band back together. Steve won't be joining us right now, but he does have a standing "join anytime" invite.
Steve had posted on FB a week or so ago and reminded me that it was 10 years ago last week (give or take) that I met all you outstanding people on the Goblinoid Games PbP forums and started my addiction, uh I mean affair with PbPs.
While the scene for the OSR stuff (at least that I want to play) is a bit quiet at the moment, I'm hoping it changes. I was thinking fondly of the days we had like 6-7 PbPs running at once. Ah, the good ol' days! Back when Halflings were on the edge the Thyatian fighters were snooty and haughty, and the only OSR game in town was Labyrinth Lord (for me, anyway.)

Welcome, fellas. I'll be posting a bit more in the next day-ish and we can get rolling!

Brandon

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Alright. Let's get going. I've posted the house rules, the very general background, and the whole sandbox disclaimer. We're all fam here, so go ahead and roll up your characters and let's get this thing going!
I'm trying to keep this manageable and fun, and I'm doing this sandbox on the fly. I found some inspiration in THIS blog post :https://chgowiz-games.blogspot.com/2017 ... rters.html. and this is my general philosophy going forward.
If you have questions, ask em' and you'll have a chance for hirelings if you need them, so don't worry- play what you want to play.

If you can roll up some characters, lets try to get going as soon as possible!

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Howdy folks

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Howdy Howdy All! :D

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Can I play a dragonborn chaotic cleric paladin?

spanningtree

Post by spanningtree »

:lol:

I populated most of a sheet over the weekend but am able to take on a different class if there is a need.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

spanningtree wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:38 am
:lol:

I populated most of a sheet over the weekend but am able to take on a different class if there is a need.
I saw that and was like "DANG!! Someone beat me too it." But then again... I was, actually, the first person to post in badams' forums and I posted a pic; no, not a skellie, which is shocking, but whatever it was he deleted it :thumbdown: and now I can't remember what the pic was!! LOL :lol:

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Hugi is about ready. He just needs stuff, like armor and such.