Will relieve Hugi for the second watch.

connivingsumo

Re: Trouble at Brandonsford!

Post by connivingsumo »

spanningtree wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:03 pm
Eerik

Will relieve Hugi for the second watch.
Dewplo is ready and willing to wake up at the butt-crack of dawn for 3rd *watch!

*that is, if we're doing 3hr shifts, but if we're doing 4 two hour shifts, then that would still be darkness, which Dewplo is still willing to do.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

So this is the watch schedule I have, estimating 2 hour shifts, from first to last watch: Hugi, Eerick, Willig, Dewplo. Unless you specify otherwise, I'll keep this as standard watch schedule going forward.

The night is a bit windy and cool, but there's enough branches and wood to keep the fire low and crackling, offering some warmth and comforting light to those on watch. The night passes without incident, and about an hour before sunrise Dewplo is startled by a herd of about 20 deer that are foraging about 50 feet from the edge of the campsite. They eye you wearily, but keep their distance, moving along as the party stirs.

Mort wakes up and with a smile says "I've got about a dozen eggs left, and some salted pork, I can't think of a better time to make it!" He makes a quick but tasty breakfast for everyone, and after a quick cleanup you are all ready to go. Mort packs any extra wood on Donkey, and he happily makes his way to the trail when it's time to go.

Feeling refreshed, and bellies full, you resume your march northward, the terrain mostly tall grass with stands of trees and the scattered low hill. Occasionally you pass piles of stones or house foundations, ruins from many years ago that seem to speak of plains with isolated farms and homesteads. As nightfall nears on the second full day of your journey, you approach some well-preserved ruins about 1000 feet off the road in some tall grass, it looks like a small 3 room stone cottage that is well-weathered and intact except for missing it's roof and windows. Evidence of a firepit in the large main room shows that this is a frequent campsite, and in the smallest room (about 5x5) someone has piled branches on the roof area to make a serviceable and dry area to rest. As you set up camp, Mort goes about gathering twigs and kindling to make a fire, and you rest your well-travelled feet. As you are getting settled in just before dinner, Donkey stops munching on grass and stares intently toward the north, snorting a few times and stomping his foot. Noticing his companion's attention, he goes to Donkey's side and says quietly "Donkey says somethin is out there." And he nods to the tall grass to the north.

You watch the area to the north, and see nothing. The area is tall grass, about 3-4 feet tall with patchy bushes here and there.

Actions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Hugi looks at the grass for a time before saying, ah probablyq nothin. Could be orcs or a dragon tho. We should go check. Dewplo, let us know what you find.

spanningtree

Post by spanningtree »

Eerik

Fine place to also rob folks, no one traveling through here is not going to stay right here.

Eerik watches the grass intently.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Willig says nervously, "Perhaps we need to bank the fire and find some cover in this building?" He isn't keen on taking an arrow.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Dewplo "the brave" Buttonberry
greyarea wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:39 pm
Hugi looks at the grass for a time before saying, ah probablyq nothin. Could be orcs or a dragon tho. We should go check. Dewplo, let us know what you find.
The Halfling looks around nervously, "De-De-Dewplo who? ME?!" he asks to no one in particular, his hands instinctively reaching for his bow, and then nocking an arrow. "O-Orcs? D-D-Dragons?!" he whispers to himself as little, leather shoed feet meet the grassline.

Dewplo then vanishes, stealthy as a panther, into the tall grass.

Master Sneaker
Target priority: imminent danger (self or companion), then the target most injured.
+ Arrows = 20
+ HP: 7
+ AC: 13
+ Super sneaky (Near Invisibility (1-5/d6))
+ To Hit: +3 with missiles (+1 melee), or +5 if Hidden (+3 melee).
+ Only receive half damage from 'Giant Types' (Ogres, Giants, Trolls, etc.)
When possible, Sammich will always try to retrieve previously fired arrows.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Seeing Dewplo heading out to recon the area, Mort says "You be careful now. Holler if you need help!"

Dewplo quite stealthily sneaks out toward the area Donkey alerted to. Walking at an angle so as to obscure his movement, Dewplo disappears into the tall grass.

PM SENT

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:46 pm
Seeing Dewplo heading out to recon the area, Mort says "You be careful now. Holler if you need help!"
In reply, Mort hears a very muffled, "Oh I'll holler!" from an unknown location.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Dewplo "the brave" Buttonberry

Some time passes... then the Halfling springs out of the tall grass, huffing, as if he'd been holding his breath.

"I caint say fer shur, but Imma go wit mah gut on nis! I think - outta the corner o'me eye - I seen a Frogman hoppin away to the North! He had a spear, a belt, a pouch, a straw farmer hat awn, an maybe even he was chewin the end of a wheat grass er sumpin!"

Dewplo gestures as he recounts events, "Wutta we doo?!" Once again, the Halfling checks with himself... "I feels like sum'm ain ryte."

Master Sneaker
Target priority: imminent danger (self or companion), then the target most injured.
+ Arrows = 20
+ HP: 7
+ AC: 13
+ Super sneaky (Near Invisibility (1-5/d6))
+ To Hit: +3 with missiles (+1 melee), or +5 if Hidden (+3 melee).
+ Only receive half damage from 'Giant Types' (Ogres, Giants, Trolls, etc.)
When possible, Sammich will always try to retrieve previously fired arrows.