Delve #2

Old dungeon delves will go here.

Moderator: merias

merias
Site Admin

Re: Delve #2

Post by merias »

So at this point, we've got Berthod and Cedric down below, and the others up top on the balcony. Let me know it you're doing anything with the key (which is still in the lock) or something else.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Cedric will move back up the stairs.

OOC~ Did something open when the key was turned? Perhaps it needs to be turned to the left instead?
Cedric will turn the key if we agree that that needs to happen.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

jcftao wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:01 pm
Cedric will move back up the stairs.

OOC~ Did something open when the key was turned? Perhaps it needs to be turned to the left instead?
Cedric will turn the key if we agree that that needs to happen.
Nothing opened when the key was turned to the right.

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

merias wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:55 pm
Let me know it you're doing anything with the key (which is still in the lock) or something else.
Sheesh, you've already killed one of us! ;) No statues moved or nothing looks different with the whole room?
Checking around to ensure it's safe, Schmidt will see if there's a way to use a rope, tied to the key (using an arrow if possible - hopefully my restriction on pointed sticks doesn't extend to levers!) and turn it the other way from afar. "It sounds like, from the breaking glass, that whatever trap was in there has already been triggered," he shrugs, "not sure if there's any other traps though. Better safe than sorry!"
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 4/16/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

rredmond wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:18 pm
Sheesh, you've already killed one of us! ;) No statues moved or nothing looks different with the whole room?
Checking around to ensure it's safe, Schmidt will see if there's a way to use a rope, tied to the key (using an arrow if possible - hopefully my restriction on pointed sticks doesn't extend to levers!) and turn it the other way from afar. "It sounds like, from the breaking glass, that whatever trap was in there has already been triggered," he shrugs, "not sure if there's any other traps though. Better safe than sorry!"
:lol:

Nothing looks different in the room. With a bit of tinkering, Schmidt is able to rig something to pull the key to the left, and in doing so you hear a loud "click" and the front of the podium swings away, to reveal a small compartment. Inside is a leather backpack, also you can see there are bits of glass scattered about.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Poor Bonner, muses Berthold. Rest in peace, buddy. At least he got to kill “dragons” — most men, or dwarves, can’t say that..

What’s in the podium?

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

My 12yo finally decided Stranger Things was our next binge. I hadn't seen Season 4 yet (my wife and two eldest couldn't stand the bone-crackage), but here we are after about a month in to Season 4 already :) The end of Season 3 has a (somewhat tropey) scene of one of the main characters has to turn two-keys at once, and she needs to use a belt to do it. Not sure if Schmidt has a Friar's paunch, but I'm glad he didn't have to use his belt! ;)
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

After he slowly stops his wincing, Schmidt walks over and peeks in the podium cavity. Is there a way to pick up the backpack without getting cut by glass. If it's easy enough he'll lift it out.
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

You can easily grab the backpack without getting cut. The outside of the backpack has some lettering stenciled on it "If found, return to Pox on pain of polymorph". Inside you see a stash of platinum ingots (100 in total), a leather pouch with 10 small emeralds, two scroll cases and three stoppered brass vials.

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

"Ah, the man with fire breath," Schmidt muses aloud. Ingots and emeralds go in party treasure, are the scrolls and vials easily opened? No runes or wax seals or anything? If so, Schmidt takes a look at the scrolls.
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1