Chapter 2: On the trail of orbs, bad guys and adventure

A Swords & Wizardry Complete Sandbox

Moderator: badams30

badams30

Re: Chapter 2: On the trail of orbs, bad guys and adventure

Post by badams30 »

As Kane motions, Theo wastes no time in moving cautiously forward. Gord whispers "I with you, don't worry. I just ain't got no armor or anything, so I'm being careful." He advances with Theo.

Theo stays clear of the archway, and falls in behind Kane. Gord is behind Theo, he's glancing around keeping watch on the back of the group.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Albrecht readies his flail, then follows close behind Theo and Gord.

kipper

Post by kipper »

When rejoined by the others, Kane points down the short hallway towards the sleeping guard in the guardroom at the end. He locates a wad of cloth and begins to sneak down the passage, his plan being to surprise the guard by shoving the cloth into the guard's mouth as a gag, and then overpowering him. OOC: Unless anyone else has another (better) idea? Such as sneaking past the guard undisturbed?
Despite all the rubble around the area, the entrance is relatively clear, as is the passage leading in. The passage is dim and unlit near the entrance, but peering down the hallway which extends approximately 15-20ft (just as Gord drew on his crude map) you see a small rough hewn room about 10x10 with a lantern hanging from a hook on the wall. Two chairs are in the room along with a small table and a rack against the wall that has 6 spears on it. One of the chairs has a black clad figure seated in it, his head hangs down and he appears to be asleep. The only exit from the room is a doorway in the north with a passage leading north toward another dim light.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

No better ideas from Albrecht. Go for it, Kipper!

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Zapola thinks for a moment...

"Well, I could pretend to be lost and waltz in there disoriented like. Then we he licks-his-chops, seeing me as an easy target, I could run out the archway where all of you are waiting outside, and you all jump him? Otherwise, I have no other ideas." as the Elf gives Kipper a thumbs-up.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Theo whispers "if he's asleep, I could just run him through. If we leave him behind us, he might be a problem later."

Gord enthusiastically nods and says "I'm with the big guy on this one."

The black clad figure down the hall quietly sleeps, head down.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Zapolas
Zapolas definitely doesn't want to leave any enemy behind us! The Elf nods at Theo.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Kane moves forward silently down the hall toward the sleeping guard. Theo follows, but at a distance.

The fates (and the dice) reward the monk as he stealthily positions himself behind the sleeping man, with a wad of cloth in hand. With a fluid motion, he puts the guard in a submission hold, jamming the rag in his mouth. He does this so quickly and well that it's almost instant and silent. Theo quickly advances and points his sword at the throat of the now awake and wide-eyed guard, who trembles in fear. Theo scowls at the guard and whispers "if you make a peep, it'll be the last thing you do." The guard nods, looking around at all of you. Gord growls at the man, and you can tell by his look that he recognizes the Dwarf.

The rest of the party moves forward. You don't hear anything, and the only exit from this small room is a hallway leading about 20ft north to a large (closed) door. This was the door to the area that Gord identified as an old chapel.

Actions?

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Now that the threat is bound and gagged, Zapolas looks defiant. Under his breath and whispering to his companions, "Once this villain answers our questions, we should hand him over to the Dwarf."

kipper

Post by kipper »

Kane will continue holding the guard while he is questioned (I doubt he'll call out when the gag is removed, what with Theo's sword at his throat!)

What questions do we want to ask?