Welcome!

General gaming dicsussion
merias
Site Admin

Re: Welcome!

Post by merias »

Makofan wrote:Don't currently run any S&W games, but thought I should register anyway :)
Glad to have you, Makofan.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

geordie racer wrote:Hi, I'm Sean 'geordie racer' Wills and I posted on the old S&W forum from 2008 onwards. Thank you for starting this forum, I tried out a range of other retroclones and OSR games (my main gaming group is very fickle) but keep returning to Whitebox.
I missed this the other day, welcome Sean. Our group also switches games but most of what I run has been WB, I think about 25 sessions so far. I'm glad to see old forum posters here. Hopefully we'll see more.

Dizzy

Post by Dizzy »

merias wrote:
Dizzy wrote:Thanks for putting this up! S&W is great, and probably my most played retro-clone. I've run and played tons of S&W Complete, and S&W Whitebox has been my goto system for pick-up games for years :)
Welcome, Dizzy. I've watched some of your youtube play sessions before, good stuff.
Sorry for being so late to respond, thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed them! My group is a blast.

Lord Kjeran

Post by Lord Kjeran »

Glad to be here! Thanks for setting up shop ad inviting us in. :)
"It was an age of dark beliefs and of practises that were no less dark; and witchcraft and sorcery were rampant throughout the land, among all classes."
--Clark Ashton Smith, "The Necromantic Tale"

Pandelume

Post by Pandelume »

Thanks for setting this up! Glad to be here and looking forward to the discussion.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Glad to have you both here, Pandelume and Lord Kjeran.

golan2072

Post by golan2072 »

Thanks for setting this up! I like S&W very much, especially White Box, and the White Star sci-fi version. Cleanest and most pliable D&D-type ruleset, perfect for adapting to whatever campaign you wish to play.
We are but a tiny candle flickering against the darkness of our times.

Stellagama Publishing - Visit our Blog, Den of the Lizard King

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

golan2072 wrote:Thanks for setting this up! I like S&W very much, especially White Box, and the White Star sci-fi version. Cleanest and most pliable D&D-type ruleset, perfect for adapting to whatever campaign you wish to play.
No problem, and welcome, golan2072. It's good to see some White Star material here.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Welcome Golan2072, Pandelume, and Lord Kjeran! Glad to have more folks on the board!

Stonewolf

Post by Stonewolf »

Hello Everyone!

Thanks for starting this forum Merias! I missed the old forums, not a fan of the G+.

I introduced my godson to D&D via S&W Whitebox when he was 6. His dad and my wife both game regularly and went along with me to humor the boy (they are fans of games that provide serious crunch). He's now 8 and loves to game, and my wife and friend really enjoy the simplicity of Whitebox!

I look forward to reading and sharing posts here!

Al