Chapter 4: Back in the village

Wouter's White Box Game
Wouter

Re: Chapter 4: Back in the village

Post by Wouter »

And so, in the morning the party makes the two-hour way back to Kal-Dokk’s tower ruins. Travel is light and easy, and Memphisto's weary face soon brightens as they hike through the beautiful scenery. The trip has been rather uneventful until they reach the overgrown path leading up north to the crumbling remnants of the stone walls, where they hear a high pitched grunting coming from up ahead...

Through the foliage they spot a small, red haired creature, squatting down near where the trap door is located. It groans and moans as it is apparently pulling on the metal ring, trying to lift the heavy wooden hatch, to no avail.

Magremore

Post by Magremore »

Dahl pauses and turns to his comrades. “An interesting development. As we outnumber this creature, let us continue our approach and see if it speaks.” Dahl shifts the grip on his spear, ready to launch it if need be, and resumes walking forward to the trap door.

kwll

Post by kwll »

Amused, Lisglen moves boldly on and asks the little red-haired creature: "And what, for heaven's sake, are you trying to do here?"
Lisglen lvl 2 Human Cleric HP 7/10 XP 2860/3000

AR003

Post by AR003 »

Holger moves foreward to take up a defensive position behind and to the side of Dahl and Lisgen, and motioning to Finnur and Albin to whatch their backs.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Memphisto will stand next to the others in front. He is curious about the strange creature.

sexyhamster

Post by sexyhamster »

kwll wrote:Amused, Lisglen moves boldly on and asks the little red-haired creature: "And what, for heaven's sake, are you trying to do here?"
Freda heard the voice cutting through her concentration as she struggled with the iron ring. The halfling exploded with movement, releasing her hold on the ring and rising, hands quickly snatching her short bow from the ground beside her while the other hand drew an arrow with practiced ease from the quiver on her back. The arrow was knocked and the string pulled back, the grey goose fletchings caressing her cheek as she aimed at the figure who spoke

Five of them. [Expletive] Tallfolk at that... Freda noted the armor each wore and those who didn't, the weapons of each. The idea of running hasn't quite reached the grey matter 'tween her ears. A genetic fault. Halflings are at heart a fearless species, more so the ones who served as shire wardens much like herself (that is, until the creep of mundanity began to gnaw at her).

The five hadn't moved against her, that much she noted. She figured maybe they were here for the same thing. Time to play the hand dealt her, as ol' Auntie Asphodel was wont to say.

"Trying to lift this 'ere bloody trapdoor, is what!" She snapped, her aim never wavering not one bit. "Now what I'm wondering is, is you all friendly, or not? If not, then I reckon one of you is going to get hit with an arrow...or two...before you reach me and I ain't sticking 'round for no fight. If ye be friendly, well then, how about helping me with this sorry contraption?"

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Memphisto smiles at the halfling, "Certainly, but surely you didn't intend to go down in that hole all alone?"

kwll

Post by kwll »

Lisglen looks at Memphisto, then back at the halfling. "Fair question. If you point that bow at everybody you meet there before discussing, you will be served as supper in no time!" he adds, in a laugh.
Lisglen lvl 2 Human Cleric HP 7/10 XP 2860/3000

sexyhamster

Post by sexyhamster »

jcftao wrote:"...surely you didn't intend to go down in that hole all alone?"
Freda scrunches her face at Memphisto. "I do, and what of it! You think us wee folk are weak and useless?"

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Memphisto tries to suppress his amusement at the plucky little halfling, "Perhaps our company could join you? I would feel much safer under your protection."