Welcome!

General gaming dicsussion
merias
Site Admin

Re: Welcome!

Post by merias »

Gelatinous Q wrote:Hi, all! John from Pittsburgh — just discovered the board and am looking forward to joining a game soon!
Welcome, John! Glad to have you, as well!

Bravesteel

Post by Bravesteel »

Hello everyone! Howard (aka Bravesteel) here! I'm from Leavenworth, Kansas (Yes, where the prisons are. Yes, let the Oz jokes commence. Yes, I'm bitter! ;)) Already dived into a few discussions. I plan on setting up a Swords & Wizardry fan magazine based at these very forums. I am also going to be recording my group's play sessions and releasing them in a podcast format. S&W deserves more exposure!
"Est Sularis oth Mithas. My honor is my life."

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Bravesteel wrote:Hello everyone! Howard (aka Bravesteel) here! I'm from Leavenworth, Kansas (Yes, where the prisons are. Yes, let the Oz jokes commence. Yes, I'm bitter! ;)) Already dived into a few discussions. I plan on setting up a Swords & Wizardry fan magazine based at these very forums. I am also going to be recording my group's play sessions and releasing them in a podcast format. S&W deserves more exposure!
Let us know when you get your sessions up! I like seeing (or hearing in this case) how others play/run games. Also a big thumbs-up for a fan 'zine, we haven't really seen anything in that space since Fight-On! and Knockspell. I'd contribute material for sure.

The Wanderer

Post by The Wanderer »

Bravesteel wrote: I plan on setting up a Swords & Wizardry fan magazine based at these very forums.
That would be awesome. What would your publishing strategy be for it? Where would you release it, what format and price, etc...?
White Box: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game
http://whiteboxgame.blogspot.com/

Bravesteel

Post by Bravesteel »

I would probably place it on DriveThruRPG as a Pay What You Want and see where it goes. I'd rather it be a community effort, by the community, for the community. If any negligible money was made then I would see it as a donation towards my InDesign time. Format would be PDF.
"Est Sularis oth Mithas. My honor is my life."

The Wanderer

Post by The Wanderer »

Nice!

In that case, when you're ready, I'll contribute some White Box stuff for it.

foxroe

Post by foxroe »

Hey all!

I've been away from the hobby a little while (real life and all that), but it's good to be back! I was sad to see the original S&W forums were gone, so imagine my delight when I stumbled across this new site. I hope it stays active... I really can't stand Google+!

Okay, so, intro! I'm a Scorpio who likes long walks on pirate-infested beaches, enjoys playing with his two Hellhounds George and Hermione, and my favorite color is Dolm... :mrgreen:
- Fox

The Wanderer

Post by The Wanderer »

Welcome Foxroe!

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

foxroe wrote:Hey all!

I've been away from the hobby a little while (real life and all that), but it's good to be back! I was sad to see the original S&W forums were gone, so imagine my delight when I stumbled across this new site. I hope it stays active... I really can't stand Google+!

Okay, so, intro! I'm a Scorpio who likes long walks on pirate-infested beaches, enjoys playing with his two Hellhounds George and Hermione, and my favorite color is Dolm... :mrgreen:
Welcome, foxroe! I hope to see more of those who once frequented the original forums.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Hey everyone. Longtime member on the Goblinoid Games forums, but have always loved S&W as well: the simplicity, the artwork, and the affordable print versions on Lulu. Heck, I even like the name. Doug, thanks for putting together and managing this forum.
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.
"Oh, well, that could be helpful!"
--my five-year old daughter