Welcome!

General gaming dicsussion
Tomkin

Re: Welcome!

Post by Tomkin »

Thanks for putting this together. Just looking into S&W, so it's good to have a place to go. Getting in on the ground floor is a serious bonus!

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Thanks for joining, Tomkin and Chainsaw.

My experience is similar to yours, Chainsaw, I started playing WB right after it came out and after many years away from gaming. I'm still playing it.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Hey Chainsaw and Tomkin, welcome to the forum.
chainsaw wrote:Hello! S&W WB was the first real D&D I played when I came back to the hobby about five years ago. Great game.
My experience is similar to yours. I dabbled with microlite20 and then found Swords and Wizardry and Labyrinth Lord. All of it is really good stuff.

geordie racer

Post by geordie racer »

Hi, I'm Sean 'geordie racer' Wills and I posted on the old S&W forum from 2008 onwards. Thank you for starting this forum, I tried out a range of other retroclones and OSR games (my main gaming group is very fickle) but keep returning to Whitebox.

Mach Front

Post by Mach Front »

Hello, everyone! Name's Eric. I see a lot of very familiar faces here as I figured I would. :)

I was a member of the S&W forums from the start and I've really missed it. The Google+ community for S&W is great but it still doesn't replace a forum. Thank you, merias for creating this!

EDIT - Aaaannnd I'm member #13. Of course! :mrgreen:

Mike

Post by Mike »

Great idea, thank you.

Hopefully we'll see lots of S&W mods surface.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Mach Front wrote: I was a member of the S&W forums from the start and I've really missed it. The Google+ community for S&W is great but it still doesn't replace a forum. Thank you, merias for creating this!

EDIT - Aaaannnd I'm member #13. Of course! :mrgreen:
You're welcome, I felt the same way, as you probably read about already. I hope this is useful for the S&W community at large.

Dizzy

Post by Dizzy »

Thanks for putting this up! S&W is great, and probably my most played retro-clone. I've run and played tons of S&W Complete, and S&W Whitebox has been my goto system for pick-up games for years :)

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Dizzy wrote:Thanks for putting this up! S&W is great, and probably my most played retro-clone. I've run and played tons of S&W Complete, and S&W Whitebox has been my goto system for pick-up games for years :)
Welcome, Dizzy. I've watched some of your youtube play sessions before, good stuff.

Makofan

Post by Makofan »

Don't currently run any S&W games, but thought I should register anyway :)