Merias' White Box game
RhinoDino1973

Re: The Elder Temple

Post by RhinoDino1973 »

Guntram will follow.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Oberon advances. Ready to club something to death if necessary.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

The northern corridor is empty - some 30 feet up, it turns to the west. But just ten feet away on the east wall is a large opening. A dim light flickers through that part of the hall. The cries of help continue, and you move forward and peer into what you can now see is a small room. A torch on the north wall provides the flickering light, opposite a man is chained to the wall by an ankle, with barely enough rusted chain to walk a few paces. He is tall and gaunt, with unkempt hair and beard, as if he has been here a while. Two buckets lie near and the stench gives away what at least one of them is for. The man looks at you with relief.

Please welcome back jcftao! When I told him he could come back and perhaps die again, he was thrilled! Actions?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Praise the gods! Either mine eyes deceive me, or my salvation is nigh? You look too well kept for cannibals...and too well clothed also. Good day, kind sirs! Might I trouble one of you for a hammer and chisel or even a good axe? These chains are beginning to chafe...

Mike

Post by Mike »

Oberon frees the prisoner with a blow to the shackles.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

"What is your name, Stretch?" Dolgrim asks the now free prisoner. "Are you hurt in any way, or in need of food or drink?" He rummages through his backpack and offers some of his rations and a drink from his waterskin.

"Did you bring any possessions? Where might those be stashed?" He lets out a hearty laugh: "I wouldn't worry too much about those cannibals, we've dealt with them pretty good back there. You won't be dessert for anyone soon."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The gaunt looking fellow rubs his ankle where the chain had bound him. "My gear is somewhere nearby. Those savage devils didn't seem to have much interest in much of it. They were keeping me in their larder for when rations start running low. Thank you, my friends, I am in your debt. My name is Finnr, wayward soldier of fortune and soon-to-be slayer of cannibals."

Finnr, gratefully accepts the water and food. "I didn't dare eat anything those devils brought me...gods only know what was in it."

"Somewhere around here, I believe you will find my sword, shield, and spear, and with any luck, a chain shirt. If not, then I shall find a stout club."

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

"Well met, Finnr. You may hold onto my dagger until we find your gear." He hands over the dwarf-made blade, and after making sure there is nothing more of interest in this room, he suggests to move along and follow the corridor.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

The tunnel leads to another room, this one empty save for a pile of what you presume is Finnr's gear, armor and weapons. It is eerily quiet after the noise of the siren.

Where to now?

Also, a reminder that Fenwick has two unidentified potions and there is a +1 short sword, unclaimed. If someone wants it let me know, otherwise I presume you left it.

Code: Select all

+----------+----------+----------+
|Grimma    |8/10      |          |
|Oberon    |8/8       |          |
|Fenwick   |6/6       |<1 L1>    |
|Dolgrim   |8/9       |          |
|Guntram   |6/9       |<CLW>     |
|Finnr     |7/7       |          |
|Bart      |4/4       |          |

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

I believe a +1 short sword would fit a soldier of fortune like Finnr quite well. What do you guys say?

"Looks like we found your stuff. I'll take back my dagger, if you don't mind..." Says Dolgrim as he puts his cherished sidearm back into his belt. "Before we heard your call for help there was this hallway leading east that we were about to explore. Shall we go back to see what is there to find?"