Chapter 2

Tamerlaine's White Box Game
Tamerlaine

Re: Chapter 2

Post by Tamerlaine »

With wide tear-stained eyes, the runty hobgoblin looks up at the cleric and nods his head emphatically. "Ohh...yes, I will serve you! And you! And you!..."he shouts to each of you, crawling to each of you on his knees and grabbing at your leggings. He stops to wipe the blubbery snot from his misshapen nose before clasping his warty hands together in supplication. "Oh such mercy! I will tell you what I know about this place, I will translate! Nilog will serve you!"

Gormlaith is clearly disgusted and hawking up a chunk of phlegm, she spits to one side while taking a grip on her sword. "Dammit, Loren, we can't just pick up every damn stray. Let me behead it..."

klarkash-ton

Post by klarkash-ton »

Tamerlaine wrote: "Oh such mercy! I will tell you what I know about this place, I will translate! Nilog will serve you!"

Gormlaith is clearly disgusted and hawking up a chunk of phlegm, she spits to one side while taking a grip on her sword. "Dammit, Loren, we can't just pick up every damn stray. Let me behead it..."
"Whoa whoa there Gormlaith, we need to find out what we can about this place before we go cutting off heads" says Deccon holding his hand palm up in a 'calm down, go easy' gesture. "Nilog, how many goblins are down here? Is Gnish the only other hobgoblin or are there more of you?"

Tamerlaine

Post by Tamerlaine »

Alarmed at the barbarian's words, Nilog scuttles over to Deccon and hides behind him. "Plenty goblins here and there, but none where Gnish hides. Boss hides with his box filled with shining coins. Box is locked. Ah! But tamper with box and needle pokes you, make you very sick quick, then die. But I knows where key is. Nilog knows where key is! He heee! Gnish all alone. Kill him, Nilog show you where key is."

OOC The goblins are starting to wake up.

Eris

Post by Eris »

Tamerlaine wrote:Alarmed at the barbarian's words, Nilog scuttles over to Deccon and hides behind him. "Plenty goblins here and there, but none where Gnish hides. Boss hides with his box filled with shining coins. Box is locked. Ah! But tamper with box and needle pokes you, make you very sick quick, then die. But I knows where key is. Nilog knows where key is! He heee! Gnish all alone. Kill him, Nilog show you where key is."

OOC The goblins are starting to wake up.
"See, Gormlaith this one might be useful to us." Brother Loren says, "Besides we need a translator unless you, know Goblin language. I know I don't."
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Yilmaz nods in agreement: "Brother Loren speaks wisely. Nilog can be our guide and interpreter, we'll stand a much better chance with him alive at our side."

klarkash-ton

Post by klarkash-ton »

"Thats settled then. Nilog you will show us where the key is, and you will warn us of any dangers between here and the key. If you yell out to your friends, or if we get the feeling that you're leading us into a trap, then I'm going to give you over to Gormlaith and she's going to cut your head off with that big sword of hers" says Deccon pointing at the large Barbarian.

"Now the question is, what do we do with this lot?" asks Deccon, gesturing to the trussed up goblins. "I'm not a butcher, I've a mind to double check their bonds, gag them, and leave them here for the time being, but I'm also not excited about the prospect of their buddies finding them, letting them loose, and then getting half a dozen goblins up the rear end...if you know what I mean."

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

"We could have Nilog tell them that we will spare their lives only if they leave this place, never to return." Yilmaz suggests.

Eris

Post by Eris »

Wouter wrote:"We could have Nilog tell them that we will spare their lives only if they leave this place, never to return." Yilmaz suggests.
"First, I'd like to know why they are here?" Brother Loren says, "Are they just using this hole as a home, or are they searching for something here like we are?"

"If it's just there home, I don't care if they stay as long as they stay out of our way."
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA

klarkash-ton

Post by klarkash-ton »

Eris wrote:
Wouter wrote:"We could have Nilog tell them that we will spare their lives only if they leave this place, never to return." Yilmaz suggests.
"First, I'd like to know why they are here?" Brother Loren says, "Are they just using this hole as a home, or are they searching for something here like we are?"

"If it's just there home, I don't care if they stay as long as they stay out of our way."
"You heard the man Nilog, do these goblins live here or are they here searching for something?" asks Deccon as he double checks the bonds on the secured Goblins. He then uses his dagger to cut cloth from their tunics and gags them all.

Tamerlaine

Post by Tamerlaine »

klarkash-ton wrote:
Eris wrote:

"You heard the man Nilog, do these goblins live here or are they here searching for something?" asks Deccon as he double checks the bonds on the secured Goblins. He then uses his dagger to cut cloth from their tunics and gags them all.
The goblins have awoke and struggling against their bindings, hurl what must surely be invectives in Nilog's direction. The runty hobgoblins answers back in kind with a chortling laughter, standing as tall as his crooked back will allow and showing off his assumed status. The snapping and snarling continues until at last Deccon gags them all. Sure that he is safe from the goblins, Nilog runs up to one in particular and kicks him, again and again, giggling at the goblin's suffering until he turns to the party.

"They say they will leave but I know they will seek out their brothers and come back for you. There are other goblins, here and below, with their pet rat catchers. Oh yes, watch out for the rats! They are not all yet gone. They kill a goblin and sometimes the goblins kill a rat, good eating. Somewhere is place where the dead live, we no go there. This place, old, old place...was once empty now home to many. More goblins below, then worse I hear. Goblins go no deeper. Gnish is boss up here, he take control. I came with him only because mum is his sister but he still treat me bad. Now he all alone with his shiny coins. I will take you to him. You no worry."