Call of the Xul: a Whitebox adventure [CLOSED]

Looking for players for your hangouts, Roll20, or PbP game? Do you want to join a game? Post here!
under_score

Re: Call of the Xul: a Whitebox adventure [OPEN]

Post by under_score »

I'm good with playing Holger. Seems like a good guy, nice enough, if a bit slow. I read over your house rules post and started reading Chapter 1, but it may take a while to get caught up through 8 chapters. Can you give me a brief synopsis of the adventure so far?

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

under_score wrote:I'm good with playing Holger. Seems like a good guy, nice enough, if a bit slow. I read over your house rules post and started reading Chapter 1, but it may take a while to get caught up through 8 chapters. Can you give me a brief synopsis of the adventure so far?
Alright, Holger it is!

Hmm, a synopsis, eh? Let me see if I can shortly recap to get the gist of the story so far without going too much into detail...
Memphisto the magic-user, Dahl the fighting-man, and Lisglen the cleric spent some time at the 'Hunter's Moon' - the inn at the village of Jodcar - to prepare for a visit to the catacombs beneath the ruined tower of the old and fabled wizard Kal-Dokk. At the inn they heared rumors about a creature that lives in the forgotten lair that can walk through walls, and that there are mosaics down there that can make you go crazy.

They met Holger, the captain of the night's watch, and his two apprentices Albin and Finnur, who were spending their night off at the inn. They agreed to join the expedition for a fair share of the loot.

On their first delve they encountered a band of cultists, of which the leader - father Faskull - is supposedly still lost in the catacombs. One of the cultists turned out to be Van, a fighting-man of exceptional strength, who was not loyal to the cult but mainly in it for the money and adventure. He learned that the legendary Xul creature is trapped down in the deepest regions of the dungeon and that father Faskull went down to free it.

On their second visit to the dungeon they met Freda the halfling, who was planning on going in alone. Together they went down to the next level and encountered another group of adventurers who were about to flee the dungeon after losing one of their friends to a magical trap set by Kal-Dokk.

On their third delve Finnur decided to stay behind in Jodcar and watch the treasure gathered so far. Back in the dungeon, the party slayed the dracoharpy keepers of a treasure-filled wardrobe, containing - among other things - a cursed sword, a very powerful cleric spell, and a local tale about tigers. The wardrobe was also hiding an old door leading to a much more ancient part of the dungeon...
Obviously, lots of cool stuff happened in between but I left that out to keep things brief ;)

Etarr_the_Good

Post by Etarr_the_Good »

Hi there,

I know I'm a little late to the party. I'd love to get into a WB game so please let me know if I can get in on this. Thank you!

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Hi Etarr, you sure can! Either the character of Freda Briarfoot can be taken over or you can create a new one. Please let me know what you'd like!

Etarr_the_Good

Post by Etarr_the_Good »

Wouter wrote:Hi Etarr, you sure can! Either the character of Freda Briarfoot can be taken over or you can create a new one. Please let me know what you'd like!

I'd like to create on if that's ok. Where do I go to create one?

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Etarr_the_Good wrote:
Wouter wrote:Hi Etarr, you sure can! Either the character of Freda Briarfoot can be taken over or you can create a new one. Please let me know what you'd like!

I'd like to create on if that's ok. Where do I go to create one?
I've sent you a PM with a link to your starting stats. Once you post your final character sheet in the appropriate thread I'll write you in. if you have any questions, please let me know!