Return to the Elder Temple

Merias' White Box game
Mike

Re: Return to the Elder Temple

Post by Mike »

greyarea wrote:Fenwick pumps his fist with a silent yes! He then pulls his knife and will dispatch whatever kobolds he can, rifling their pockets as he does so.
Oberon tries to wake Finnr whilst Fenwick does his wicked work.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Oberon wakes Finnr, meanwhile Fenwick finishes off the five sleeping Kobolds and after a search, comes up with 18sp in total for his efforts. All is quiet in the woods, but the temple looms in the distance. Oberon feels a faint pull from Vei-eldur.

Back to sleep? Search the woods? Some other course of action? You have about four hours until dawn.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Dolgrim, somewhat grumpy because of being awoken from his well-deserved sleep, mutters that he would like to get some more sleep before the day breaks.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

I agree, Dolgrim. You're cranky enough when we've had a full night's rest, agrees Fenwick with a smile. Anyway, I need more sleep so I can be clear headed for my spell-study come morning.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Finnr says, "Thank you, wizard. I'm glad you were here to save me! I'll buy you a drink next time we're in town."

Finnr rummages around his belongings for a bottle of the strong stuff.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

You return to camp and the last few hours of the night pass without incident. Dawn is cold and grey, with a dense fog obscuring the lower temple entrances.

Actions and memorized spells? Also a reminder that there are four temple entrances, you've been through them all at this point. Two lower entrances (kitchen/cannibals in one and undead rats in the other), a middle one ( crypts, the last entrance you went in) and an upper one that leads to the altar room where you just placed the stone sphere.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Dolgrim proposes to venture further beyond the hidden altar room with the stone sphere: still unexplored, yet demon ridden halls lie to the north of that room and Demon Bane is itching in his gnarled dwarven hands.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

You head back into the middle hill entrance, making your way to the altar room (#14).

Where to? A reminder I need memorized spells from Guntram and Fenwick.

and here is the area north of the altar room that you explored already.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fenwick (who memorized Sleep and Charm Person) suggests, Your sword, where is the pull greatest? Perhaps we should continue that way!

Mike

Post by Mike »

'I felt it most when I caught a glimpse of the entrance through the trees.' Oberon points to the entrance to room 12.

'It might be time to face our demons...'