Chat, etc.

Badams30's Whitebox Game
connivingsumo

Re: Chat, etc.

Post by connivingsumo »

All of you are too kind :D ...except Brandon's rolls for my character. He already tried to kill me off in one of his games already with those paltry rolls. " .5 " LOL :lol:

That said, I'm fine with Brandon doing the rolls, but if everyone wants to roll their own then I'll get my dice or use the online roller at WotC.

Our party, thus far, consists of:
+ Halfling Thief
+ Human Cleric

So if we're shooting for the "well rounded" group, we need a Wizard and a Fighter. I'm happy to play either.

That said, I need to skim the rules (specifically classes & character building), and revisit badams' House Rules. :mrgreen:

badams30

Post by badams30 »

memo To self: Post “Special Rik Houserules.”

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

I'll go with the Dwarf fighter.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:memo To self: Post “Special Rik Houserules.”
:shock: :o :? :(

Is that special-Rik-rule to shower him in magic items? :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol:
Last edited by connivingsumo on Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

merias wrote:I'll go with the Dwarf fighter.
Alrighty-then! Sounds like we have our party:
+ Halfling Thief = greyarea
+ Human Cleric = tumblingdice
+ Dwarf Fighter = merias
+ Pain in my arse = badams30
+ Human Magic-User = connivingsumo

I was really tempted on the Elf since badams is using the variant rule, but the variant Elf gets 0 spells at level 1 and it takes 5k XP to get to level 2 where you get 1 spell. At 5k XP a Human would be level 3 with 3 first and 1 second level spells. Sure, chainmail and weapons are nice, but I'm pretty sure my character will be dead no matter what I pick, given badams' shenanigans! :mrgreen:

spanningtree

Post by spanningtree »

I am good with rolling my own die or having Brandon do it. No difference to me. As far as class goes I would rather have that determined by the dice myself but I can go with anything.

Edit: after reviewing the house rules it appears that classes are pretty open by the stat generation method. I like playing wizards but am open for anything. @Brandon: Can you open a characters thread when you have a sec?

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

spanningtree wrote:I am good with rolling my own die or having Brandon do it. No difference to me. As far as class goes I would rather have that determined by the dice myself but I can go with anything.

Edit: after reviewing the house rules it appears that classes are pretty open by the stat generation method. I like playing wizards but am open for anything. @Brandon: Can you open a characters thread when you have a sec?
I don't think we need 2 Wizards, so I'm happy to play another Fighter, Cleric, or maybe play that hybrid-Elf - all of those seem useful. :mrgreen:

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Any particular deities you'll be featuring in this campaign, Brandon?
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.
"Oh, well, that could be helpful!"
--my five-year old daughter

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Horst served in the king's army but now wields his pole arm for himself.

If I may, I'd like to be a simple, but deadly, fighter.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

All this sounds good, even Rik's victim, uh, I mean character.
I'm making a list of things that need to be in the locale, and I'll list a simple pantheon in the next day or two - so stand by! It's been a busy two weeks at work, once I get over this hump I'll get some minimal stuff posted and we can get rolling.