Names

Gazòta Saà Zòba's Whitebox Game
Gazòta Saà Zòba

Names

Post by Gazòta Saà Zòba »

This is the topic to decide names for characters after you've created them.

Crow Kingdom Names
Balahad
Belgad
Bogorod
Belmar
Garoom
Geram
Gadar
Geranor
Belil
Sarbam
Sarbim
Sarbíl
Sybel
Gylmarr
Belmarr
Sylmarr
Nothgirod
Nathar
Nethil
Neddil
Naddar
Noddgirod

Note: the two ds are pronounced as a voiced "th", so "th" as in "the", not "thought". If you know Welsh, the two ds are pronounced like it's pronounced in Welsh. Also note that Crow Kingdom names are gender neutral.

Sylvan Names (Names for all Fairy creatures except for dwarves)
Male
Brythanwin
Tarawyn
Fedehil
Pauloi
Galahad
Femaile
Ymanwen
Ysolde
Yfolde
Yfedil
Branwen

Dwarf Names
Male
Sigurdr
Suntr
Stunr
Fahdr
Braskr
Female
Brythanwin
Tarawyn
Fedehil
Pauloi
Galahad

Note: Female dwarf names use Sylvan male names.

Halfling Names
If you're a halfling, just make up anything you want! Halflings speak modern British English somehow or another. It may be because of a certain author who lived in England who made up halflings...
"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit." -The Hobbit

"The book you hold in your hand contains a description of a new fantasy world, together with rules for conducting adventures therein." -The Empire of the Petal Throne.

jcftao

Re: Names

Post by jcftao »

I will choose Naddar for my cleric. He is a follower of Dagda and hails from the Crow Kingdom.

Gazòta Saà Zòba

Re: Names

Post by Gazòta Saà Zòba »

jcftao wrote:I will choose Naddar for my cleric. He is a follower of Dagda and hails from the Crow Kingdom.
There are several Crow Kingdoms, not just one. There's Bolomor (the island that the dungeon is set in, about the size of Britain), there's Illyria (which is where Shakespeare's fictional plays take place in my world, especially the Twelfth Night), and there's Gylmarr. Those are the bigger of the kingdoms, there are also some smaller kingdoms scattered about ruled by petty lords. You could choose one of the bigger kingdoms or create your own petty kingdom.
"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit." -The Hobbit

"The book you hold in your hand contains a description of a new fantasy world, together with rules for conducting adventures therein." -The Empire of the Petal Throne.