spanningtree

Re: Chat, etc.

Post by spanningtree »

Schweet! Looking forward!

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

dewd! sweet maps bruh :ugeek:

I have Hexographer & Dungeonographer ~ not exactly "user friendly" but once you get the hang of them you can make awesome old-school maps :mrgreen:

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

My dead tree copy of the rules showed up today. I feel guilty that some poor woman with the USPS had to deliver it to me on a Sunday. I could have waited, seriously. Looks good, though. I'm glad to have a complete game in one small volume. It makes me feel like I'm eleven all over again. Now I want to create a campaign completely from scratch...

badams30

Post by badams30 »

tumblingdice wrote:My dead tree copy of the rules showed up today. I feel guilty that some poor woman with the USPS had to deliver it to me on a Sunday. I could have waited, seriously. Looks good, though. I'm glad to have a complete game in one small volume. It makes me feel like I'm eleven all over again. Now I want to create a campaign completely from scratch...
Cool! Glad to hear you like them. I had the same feeling when I first saw them. The simplicity was beautiful. And this forum is like a bastion of awesomeness. Hope I can capture some of the magic in my silly little campaign.

Speaking of, It took me a couple extra days to post, it's that time again - FANTASY FOOTBALL. And I've had to do my pre-draft research and prep. My draft is 4PM EST today, so we'll see how that goes. My team is usually a real turd, so I'm anticipating similar results this year.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

tumblingdice wrote:My dead tree copy of the rules showed up today. I feel guilty that some poor woman with the USPS had to deliver it to me on a Sunday. I could have waited, seriously. Looks good, though. I'm glad to have a complete game in one small volume. It makes me feel like I'm eleven all over again. Now I want to create a campaign completely from scratch...
How's the quality of the book ~ pretty much like the old D&D Red Box version? What was the cost of it again? *or the link you used if you'd rather not post about $$. :mrgreen:

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

$4.29 on Amazon. Quality is similar to that of the Labyrinth Lord books I bought several years ago on Lulu. All B&W. No red and black lettering. I hadn't decided whether or not to spring for the better quality print available from RPGNow. As luck would have it, though, I added the cheap version to my Amazon cart, then left it there. A few days later, Niamh said, "Hey Steve, I was putting together an Amazon order, and I saw a D&D book in the cart. It was only four bucks, so I got it for you." Cha-ching! Spousal support of my unnecessary purchase!

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Here is the amazon link:

https://www.amazon.com/White-Box-Fantas ... 545516480/

Charlie (who posts here from time to time as The Wanderer) really did a great job cleaning up the White Box rules. It's my favorite version by far. Complete yet still leaves enough open to let your creativity loose.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

tumblingdice wrote:[...], I added the cheap version to my Amazon cart, then left it there. A few days later, Niamh said, "Hey Steve, I was putting together an Amazon order, and I saw a D&D book in the cart. It was only four bucks, so I got it for you." Cha-ching! Spousal support of my unnecessary purchase!
:lol: win!!
merias wrote:Here is the amazon link:

https://www.amazon.com/White-Box-Fantas ... 545516480/

Charlie (who posts here from time to time as The Wanderer) really did a great job cleaning up the White Box rules. It's my favorite version by far. Complete yet still leaves enough open to let your creativity loose.
Thank you. This is why I was asking Steve, because I know sometimes these books can be produced by more than one entity, so I didn't want to overpay if I didn't have to. :mrgreen:

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

tumblingdice wrote:$4.29 on Amazon. Quality is similar to that of the Labyrinth Lord books I bought several years ago on Lulu. All B&W. No red and black lettering. I hadn't decided whether or not to spring for the better quality print available from RPGNow. As luck would have it, though, I added the cheap version to my Amazon cart, then left it there. A few days later, Niamh said, "Hey Steve, I was putting together an Amazon order, and I saw a D&D book in the cart. It was only four bucks, so I got it for you." Cha-ching! Spousal support of my unnecessary purchase!
True love. Hang on to her!

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

You can get it for slightly less right now at Lulu: Using code LKAB317CD will give you 15% off your print order. Enter that first at checkout. Then enter SHIPIT2018 for free mail shipping. Codes good until Aug. 31.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/charlie-mason/ ... 60363.html