Badams30's Whitebox Game
greyarea

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by greyarea »

Faro removes his hat and stares dumbly.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Horst and Wulfric are speaking with the farmhands at Sooner's Farm...

"Hmmm, this Shadis fellow...he's the man that was run out of town, at least that's what I heard. Do you think he was responsible for burning that house down?
I heard that the owners of the house, the Masons, are staying at the farm. Do you know where we could find them? The good cleric and me want to ask them about the night of the fire. Maybe we can help them find the one that did this?"

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Gorin, in the grove.

"Greetings, m'lady," Gorin says - even as a Dwarf he is somewhat in awe of the human woman's radiance. "I'm, er... Gorin and this be Calardir, Faro, and Gerolt. We're lookin' fer answers, maybe you can help? Answers about a dream, a glowing stone, and some goblins chasin' us, all centered around this here town."

spanningtree

Post by spanningtree »

Calardir - Elf

With a nod to the lady: Yes, well met. Your care of this garden is immaculate and balances well. Makes me feel like I am home again...

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Faro looks up at Calardir. You live here? he asks, confused.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:Meanwhile, at the Inn
Bizenghast retires to her room for now, examining the strange crossbow. It's obviously enchanted, and after spending some time, she feels pretty confident that the runes are simple magical runes, but within the runes, a word stands out - "Blaze." She holds the crossbow and utters the word, and as she does, the weapon's glow increases slightly, and it gets warm, but not hot or uncomfortable. The glow and warmth fades after about 30 seconds. She gets the feeling that the word is a command word of some sort, but either she isn't able to operate this, or something else needs to be done to make its special function workable...

Actions? You have a couple hours before the council meeting, so plenty of time to do what you need to do.
Bizenghast: Human Magic-User

Presuming the above description was from the combination of Detect Magic, Read Magic, and Read Languages, Bizenghast waits for her party to return and offers the crossbow to one of them more skilled with it while explaining what she discovered and the apparent command word, blaze. She re-memorizes her default Sleep spell for the next day's adventuring.

Available Spells
Level 1 Prepared:
Sleep

Level 2 Prepared:
N/A

Level 1 Available: Charm Person, Detect Magic, Hold Portal, Light, Protection from Chaos, Read Languages, Read Magic, Sleep
Level 2 Available: N/A

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Wulfric - cleric

You must think we're crazy, telling you about these dreams. Anybody round here havin' dreams like this, that you know of?