Chapter 1 ~ A Journey Begins

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
Son_of_Sod

Re: Chapter 1 ~ A Journey Begins

Post by Son_of_Sod »

It sounds like a grand adventure!
Roger says clapping his hands together, visibly excited to have his shrubberies back.
And of course you can ride in the wagon friend!
He says pointing to Sigga
We'll just have to drop my supplies off at my cousin's house. After that my horse and cart can carry us to Deliverance, where there is justice to be done!

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Moonglimmer perks up, "Hey, Erwin. Will we be passing any old growth forests along the way? I need a rowan sapling to make a bow. "

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

mythictom wrote:Moonglimmer perks up, "Hey, Erwin. Will we be passing any old growth forests along the way? I need a rowan sapling to make a bow. "
"There will be plenty rowan in the woods near Milltown, 3 days journey. I shall carve you a bow myself!" Erwin says.

Tamerlaine

Post by Tamerlaine »

Son_of_Sod wrote: And of course you can ride in the wagon friend!
He says pointing to Sigga
We'll just have to drop my supplies off at my cousin's house. After that my horse and cart can carry us to Deliverance, where there is justice to be done!
Tis better to strike the iron while its hot. Let us be off and away, Sigga remarks, sliding off the bench seat just as the barkeep brings her the second ale. Not wanting to waste time nor wanting to waste a tankard of drink, the dwarf quaffs the ale down in in quick chugs.

Ahhh..., Sigga purrs while taking hold of her hammer. This was fun.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Sigga and her companions sit at the recently deserted Lion and Lamb tavern and think about their next steps.

OOC--I see the party has a few alternatives.

1. Leave right now with horse, wagon, (and shrubs!) and travel towards Deliverance, somewhere to the west.

2. Go back to Rumpstone to pack any meager supplies they can find and say goodbye to family, etc. Then travel to Deliverance.

3. Stay in the Rumpstone area and look for some small adventure that can gain the group some silver.

Actions?

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

We could definitely use some coin, and some food and supplies for the trip. Oh Mr. GM, what would we have in the way of meager supplies in Rumpstone?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

OOC

---You all have some connections in Rumpstone...family...a job...gardening buddies.

Going back to Rumpstone will allow you to collect some supplies...a week of food, some bedrolls, maybe a bunch of dried healing herbs, maybe even a spare piece of armor or a secondhand weapon?

Also, there may be some leads you could follow, local gossip and such.

Having a little silver would help your travel.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

merias wrote:
mythictom wrote:Moonglimmer perks up, "Hey, Erwin. Will we be passing any old growth forests along the way? I need a rowan sapling to make a bow. "
"There will be plenty rowan in the woods near Milltown, 3 days journey. I shall carve you a bow myself!" Erwin says.

" 'twould be a pleasure to make my bow with you! " Moonglimmer brightens at her friends offer.

To everyone: "Let us retire back to Rumpstone, gather supplies, and see what our neighbors know of our destination ...and the roads along the way."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The party feels they've stayed long enough in the rundown tavern. The horse and wagon out back seem undamaged. Roger is happy to see that the shrubs are back where they belong. His horse perks up at Roger's approach.

On the way out of town Erwin sees a raggedy figure standing by the corner of a building...long tangles of hair, gray beard, intense blue eyes watching the wagon...Erwin looks away for just a moment and then looks back and the man is gone.

Erwin has seen the old man before. The locals around Rumpstone call him Ol' Mossback Mutrand. He lives in the woods a few miles from Rumpstone. Some call him a warlock, others, a wise man, but most just think he is crazy.

The wagon trip is uneventful. Everyone is lost in their thoughts, thinking about their impending adventure.

Rumpstone is soon in view and once again you all see the villagers going about their daily activities.

Two men ride into the village. Both men are wearing leather armor. Both men are grizzled and armed. One older fellow has a stout oak club, the other a sword. The man with the sword is known by you. He Jasper, the sheriff's man, hired to protect the villages around Rumpstone.

"Well, what an odd assortment of shrubs you are hauling nowadays, Roger."

"We are looking for three men that robbed and killed a merchant last eve on the road north to Hobb's End (a village just east of Rumpstone). We have an eye witness that saw the men galloping away. He said that one of them had a dappled horse, the others were on dun colored horses. The merchant had a crossbow bolt in his gullet. If you see any unsavory fellows in the area, get a message to me." With that, they ride onward up the road you've just come down.

OOC--I will be adding a list shortly of items that you have scrounged together for your trip. If you think of any other items, I will roll for them to see if you have them at hand.

Actions?

Party Status--you are all recovered from the barfight.
Erwin Dirtnap C1, AC 10, HP 6, staff
Moonglow Honeysuckle E1, AC 11, HP 7, wooden spear
Roger the Shrubber F1, AC 10, HP 7, rock
Sigga Grimstone F1, AC 10, HP 8, war hammer

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Each of the adventurers gather their belongings for travel. They have very little--a bedroll, a change of clothing, a travelling cloak, a waterskin, and a small sack of provisions...fruit, bread, cheese. Fortune will find them on the road...at least they hope so.

Roger's trusty horse is harnessed and the wagon loaded. Goodbyes are said to friends and family. Only Roger and Erwin have family in the village, Sigga and Moonglimmer say goodbye in their own ways to the villgers of Rumpstone.

Actions?