Chapter 1 ~ A Journey Begins

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
jcftao

Re: Chapter 1 ~ A Journey Begins

Post by jcftao »

Erwin, Moonglimmer, and Roger (all three having knowledge of forestry things) look carefully around the edge of the forest. They find nothing resembling a rowan tree.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

"Well, it appears we will need to venture into the forest. Hopefully there is a Rowan tree nearby!" Erwin says.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

"And be on the lookout for the dreaded Knights of Nye!"

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Bizenghast: Sorceress

Enslaved by the Harpies for so long she had forgotten what trees and forests were like. All those years in the desert... she regains composure and says to Roger, "I very much like your wagon, sir, and am grateful for riding in it. Shall I stay with the wagon while everyone - or 'they' - go look for the wood? Perhaps you will stay with your wagon and I can assist the seekers of the Rowan?"

Son_of_Sod

Post by Son_of_Sod »

My lady, I would be ashamed if I tried to rob you of the joy of feeling the forest grass on your feet after all your time away from this greenery. But I understand if you wish to rest in which case you could stay with the wagon.

Roger looks into the forest and thinks about how nice a shrubbery might look in there.. one with a little path down the middle... Yes that would be strangely fitting.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Roger and Bizenghast sit in the wagon discussing who is more suited to sit in the wagon. Horse stands by a tree, ignoring them both and munching on some grass.

The rest of the group takes some tentative steps into the forest. It is cool in the shade of the trees. A gentle breeze billows out of the woods, almost as it the forest is breathing. There are no rowan trees in the immediate vicinity.

Actions? What direction do you set out? There is still time for Roger and/or Bizenghast to catch up with group.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo says, What the heck does a rowan tree look like? Can't you elves just use oak or chestnut?

Maybe we should head over to that village where the smoke's coming from. I bet they know where those fancy-pants rowan trees are. Prolly charge you to use 'em too.

If nothing else, maybe we can get some lunch there.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

OOC--So, what has the party decided?

Are you going into the forest, going to investigate the woodsmoke to the south, or try to find the source of the hunting party to the north?

Also, are you all going or splitting up?

Are you leaving horse and wagon at forest edge?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

I vote village. Leave the cart.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Moonglimmer also suggests the village. Someone there may know where to find the right tree.