Chapter 2 ~ Into the Forest of Nye

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
merias
Site Admin

Re: Chapter 2 ~ Into the Forest of Nye

Post by merias »

"Welcome, Otis," Erwin says."We're seeking Lord Terrance's permission first, but yes we are headed into the forest so our Elven friend here can craft a bow from the wood of a Rowan tree."

"This must a Jub-Jub bird we were warned about," Erwin continues, pointing at the bird. "Not too dangerous once you get to know them. Let's move on, shall we?"

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The trail leads into the forest for a half mile or so and the forest opens up into a large clearing. A large stone keep sits, nestled in the forest. Two large burning braziers light the entrance...an open portcullis set in a main gate. Outside of the keep are about a dozen small cottages and barns. There are two guards standing near the main gate. The stone of the keep is a dark gray and the firelight reflects veins of green in the stone.

Actions?

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Moonglimmer approaches the nearest stranger (the guards? anyone else around?), puts on her friendliest smile, and asks,

"Excuse me, do you know where I can find Aethelwine the holy man?"

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Both guards snap to attention as Moonglimmer approaches them. The older guard tries to suck in his gut and stick his chin out, while the younger guard's jaw drops...mouth agape, staring at the comely young elf.

"M.mm.mm.mm..madame! I know of Aethelwine! Would that I could show you the way to his glen, but my duty is at my post. Please stay at Beamish Hall for the night. It is too dangerous for a lass such as you to be wandering these woods, especially with the likes of those knaves with you!", the older guard manages to stammer.

"Gunnik, go inside the hall and let Lord Beamish know that he has company outside."

The young guard stands there appearing not to hear the older guard.

"Lord Beamish would be distraught had he learned we turned away a fine lady such as yourself...GUNNIK! Go inside and inform his lordship that company is awaiting entrance!"

The young guard snaps out of his trance and scuttles inside.

Actions?

Roll 2d6 for reaction...result=10...good enough to gain the guards cooperation.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo slaps Moonglimmer on the back. Nice job, Moonie. Now, see if they'll point us to some grub. I'm starvin', says the halfling, rubbing his belly.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter, Simpleton
Otis glances about nervously at the mention of Lord Beamish's name. He fidgets and scratches his head, shifting his gaze rapidly between his new companions...

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Erwin also waits for the guard to return.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The older guard stands at the doorway, trying to suck in his gut and throw out his chest, all the while smiling and looking ever so official for Moonglimmer, the elf.

Gunnik returns shortly and breathlessly says, "His lordship would like to speak to the lady and her man servants. Sigga, the dwarf, takes offense at this but her beard is easy to provide a logical excuse for the stupid human.

The doors are swung wide and through a small stone corridor, the party can see a warm fire within a great hall. Tables are arranged about the room, most empty. At the high table sits a tall man, gray haired but fit.

"Greetings, young maiden. My guard tells me that you wish audience. I am Terrance Beamish...Lord of Nye. Welcome to Beamish Hall...you are my guests for the evening, if you will. Be safe and warm by the fire. We have food and drink with plenty to spare!

"What brings you to our forest?"

Actions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo looks at the spread and smiles, saying Moonglimmer, You did good, Moonie. I’m gonna like traveling with you.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

"My lord," Moonglimmer says with a smile and short curtsy, " we travel your lands seeking Aethelwine the holy man. Your hospitality is most welcome, but your wisdom in finding Aethelwine will be most appreciated. "