Chapter 2 ~ Into the Forest of Nye

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
connivingsumo

Re: Chapter 2 ~ Into the Forest of Nye

Post by connivingsumo »

Bizenghast: Sorceress

The Sorceress is anxious to be out of the wagon. Not because Bizenghast dislikes the wagon, but more because of the dangers out there. She wanders to look around, but doesn't wander too far. She hums a tune, her voice slightly echoing on the stone.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Erwin relaxes a bit. "We are thankful for your hospitality, lord Beamish. And we will not impose on you too much, we will depart at first light." He waits to see what Beamish says about Aethelwine.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo looks about at his companions. Leave at first light? But there is food here. We could eat for days.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

greyarea wrote:Fungo looks about at his companions. Leave at first light? But there is food here. We could eat for days.
"I'm sure you can pack a doggy sack to go, little one."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Lord Beamish invites the company into the great hall. He addresses Moonglimmer, "Come, fair maiden. Sit at my table. We shall talk of you and your travels. I find you most enchanting."

He looks at the rest of the company with a wrinkle of his nose, "Your companions may sup at the low end of the table...just over there." Some of the men seated near the far end of the hall move over to allow the rest of the group room.

Servants bring in a large platter groaning with roast jub jub bird. It takes four men to carry it. The wine is good and the food as well.

Lord Beamish remarks to Moonglimmer, "Aethelwine? I know of this man, but may I ask what business you may have with him? When you feel rested, I shall take you to him personally. No need to fret now, my dear. You are under the protection of the Lord of Nye."

Actions?

OOC--apologies for my slow response, fellows. Hectic around here lately, but back to normal soon.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo digs in to the feast. Imagine, a bird just like this nearly ate us out there. Now we eat it, he says with a smile between bites.

He lets Moonglimmer converse with the Lord.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

"We seek Aethelwine's assistance on a confidential quest, my lord" Moonglimmer says with a smile. "Your hospitality and assistance are much appreciated."

While nibbling on the repast, Moonglimmer inquires, "Lord Beamish, what can you tell us about the Lands of Nye?"

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Erwin listens intently, in between bites. He is glad he left Bane outside, given the menu.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis reluctantly sits at the table, as far away from Beamish as he can get. He will quietly and discreetly eat a bunch of the bird and fill his belly, but he says nothing, rather spending his time glancing toward the door and mentally calculating a quick getaway if needed.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Lord Beamish seems enraptured by the beautiful Moonglimmer, too much so to notice her "henchmen" at the far end of the court.

"Milady, the land of Nye is dominated by an ancient forest, older than the memory of man. The First Men came to this land long ago and many settled in the these woods. You certainly understand our desire to protect the forest of Nye. When foreigners came to our shore (men from across the ocean) many of the First Men were displaced. Some integrated with the foreigners, others moved to the north. We, the people of Nye, have stayed in our forest. I do indeed, pledge my alliegiance to the King, but we still remain a proud and free people."

"Milady, I am glad that you shall be staying as my guest. Perhaps, I could show you the wonders of our dark and beautiful forest? Beamish Hall can grow quite dull and humourless. Your prescence has brightened our hall for awhile. Wouldst that my son could meet you. He is in the forest hunting and shan't return for several days."

"Now, everyone! Please raise your cups! Let us toast our guests! Good fortune to you all!"