Chapter7 ~ Escape from the Keep

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
jcftao

Re: Chapter7 ~ Escape from the Keep

Post by jcftao »

Fungo and Erwin quickly hide the guard's body, wrapping him in a tapestry and storing under the bed.

Erwin can break off a table leg to use as an improvised club [1d6-1].

Erwin does find his gear in the wardrobe, minus his weapons.

Heading down the steps, they reach the ground floor. A servant passes them without a second glance. Otis and Erwin see a couple guardsmen walk through the hallway, carry a keg with them. They go through a heavy oaken door near the stairs. As it opens, they can hear rough voices of the hobgoblin guards. They are now alone on the ground floor of the tall tower. A doorway is ahead of them (where the guards went) and the stairway leading to the dungeon continues spiraling downward. The stairs take a different feel as they descend into the dungeon. No longer are carpeted steps and tapestries the decor. Now they see bare stone and an occasional torch in a wall sconce.

Actions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo hangs in the balance, wishing he could hide a guard's body.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

"Let's try to sneak up on the guard, and rush him, unless you have a better idea?" Erwin whispers to Otis. He steps slowly down the stairs, trying to get a glimpse of the guard.

Not sure how best to try this, maybe the direct approach is best...

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis nods at Erwin and says "Just keep him from gettin' away, and I'll stick him. If there's a door, close it so it keeps noise down, I'll try to get close to him without him gettin' angry, but if he makes any sudden moves I'm gonna rush him. If we keep him quiet, it should be okay. If they's more than one guy down here, we'll just try to make somethin' happen. No matter what, once we are movin', I gotta git Katherine upstairs, I can't leave here without her. I promised."

OOC: I guess Otis' plan is to make his way toward any guard, perhaps he'll act upset and say something about Fungo (Maybe "The queen told me that little runt tried to kill her, that makes me really mad, I'm gonna stick him!" Or something to get catch the guard off balance.) Once close enough, he'll attack the guard.

ALSO - Otis still has the Boar Spear, if Erwin can use that, it's his.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

badams30 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:22 am
ALSO - Otis still has the Boar Spear, if Erwin can use that, it's his.
I think he can, since he is a druid-like cleric, not a sharp-weapon-hating cleric. We'll let the ref clarify.

Erwin will let Otis take the lead going down the stairs, and hang back out of sight to allow for the initial contact with the guard or guards before he rushes in.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Since the Green Man is his deity, I will allow Erwin to use the spear. This makes up for the inability to turn undead.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Meanwhile, in the nearby forest....

Moonglimmer asks Guyot and Berlioz to tell them what they know about the fairies and their castle.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Bengar will listen to whatever the talking cat and bear have to say, rubbing his wounds and muttering to himself intermittently.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

mythictom wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:36 am
Meanwhile, in the nearby forest....

Moonglimmer asks Guyot and Berlioz to tell them what they know about the fairies and their castle.
Guyot says, "well, I know that there are scores of guards in the keep, but they are spread out among the towers and the gatehouse. Also, the faerie nobles spends much of their nights in their cups. Too much revelry, even for a famous revelry such as myself! They mostly just spend time drinking, hunting, and kidnapping folks. I've seen enough and am ready to leave the fey realm."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Otis moves down into the guard room with a big smile on his face and he gives the guard a story...

"The queen told me that little runt tried to kill her, that makes me really mad, I'm gonna stick him!"

The guard jumps up and eyes Otis cautiously, "You ain't supposed to be down here, human. Now you'd better turn around and march back up those steps." He grabs his halberd, his grip tightens in preparation for action.

Actions? (I'm thinking Otis will be attacking, but want to make sure that is his action.)