Chapter 3 --- Journey to Harkbone

Jcftao's Whitebox Campaign
jcftao

Chapter 3 --- Journey to Harkbone

Post by jcftao »

The afternoon is met with goodbyes to brothers in arms. Giant slaying has taken its toll on and healing is needed.
Frederick, Tamerlane, and Cedric depart with the children in tow.

Peter and Belle make Milton promise to visit them when he returns to New Wickersham. Alexander has made the children feel comfortable with stories of the good woman, Clare, that runs the hospital.

As the day grows on, the company splits in two and travels east and west.

jcftao

Re: Chapter 3 --- Journey to Harkbone

Post by jcftao »

OOC--Experience points for each character will be...

300 xp! Not bad for one battle...but a big monster.

Please add 300 xp to your character sheets and also add whatever xp % bonus your character gets.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Alexander tightens his cape around him and hunches a little as Aldarren, Milton and he set off to Harkbone. The grey, rainy day is pressing on his mood and with a grim face he speaks to Milton: "You Rana aren't really bothered by this kind of weather, are you?"

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

As the rain pelts his slick, slightly-warty skin, Milton smiles broadly and says, Rain is just about perfect for us. We like the water, tho we don't live in it like our smaller cousins do. The wet and humidity of a good shower is delightful to most of us. And who doesn't love a nice mud-puddle or two.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Milton's lighthearted words relieve Alexander's sulky mood somewhat. He thinks about the mud-puddles slowly forming inside his own boots and chuckles: "Oh, I could think of a thing or two..." He gives Aldarren a nod: "How are you holding up there, my friend?" He straightens his back and strengthens his stride: Harkbone its still a few good miles away...

kjc

Post by kjc »

Aldarren - Ranger
Looking up at the drizzle, seemingly lost in thought, the ranger takes a moment to respond. "We are wounded and now parted. Our lot is more dire than anticipated," he says grimly. "Yet we rescued the innocent and have seen a great foe defeated. As I am in the company of valiant men, and Mr. Milton is happy, I think the day fares well," he says with a grin. "Now let us continue as we have many miles to travel."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

And travel you do...until you come to the rain soaked village of Harkbone. Ringed by fields that show sign of recent activity, Harkbone is approximately twenty or so round dwellings with thatched roofs. Evening has begun to set in, but you can clearly see the haze of wood smoke coming from many of the huts.

Your damp clothes give you a chill and you think of how nice a warm hearth and a mug of ale would set with you right now.

What are your actions?

OOC--I will be doing some real life traveling myself this weekend...down to Memphis. If I can reply, I will try to do so, but it may be spotty at best.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Alexander looks to see if any of the huts appear to be some kind of community building, like a tavern or an inn. If he does so, he will propose to go there to dry up, get warm and maybe have some dinner.

Enjoy Memphis!

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Civilization is a distant concept in the village of Harkbone. The ramshackle huts lie in various stages of decline. You can all remember a time where towns and villages thrived with commerce and people still ventured outdoors as dusk. But now, two years winters past God Fall, this village looks stark and locked up tight.

One larger farmhouse shows sign of light coming through the door crack. It is in among the other huts, centered in the village, bordered by a muddy track and an overgrown green space.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Let's head there, suggests Milton, pointing to the larger farmhouse.