Chapter 3 --- Journey to Harkbone

Jcftao's Whitebox Campaign
Wouter

Re: Chapter 3 --- Journey to Harkbone

Post by Wouter »

Alexander nudges Aldarren as he nods at the door that just closed: "Did you see those people back there? Their scared faces? It looks like the village is being terrorized by the men serving this Lord Dunley... What do you say we cook up a plan to help the villagers escape to safety, to the sanctuary that is New Wickersham?" Turning to Milton with a concerned look on his face: "After we take care of your wounds, of course... How are you hanging in there?"

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Let me wash my face and have a drink and I should be fine. I don't appear to be bleeding, just got knocked in the right place, says the Rana.

I say we stay in the shadows and take them out one by one when they go to relieve themselves or head home. Theres nothing wrong with them that we can't fix with a blade in the back!

kjc

Post by kjc »

Aldarren - Ranger
"Let's talk to a few of the villagers before we take any lives. I would know more of this Lord Dunley before we begin making...corrections."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

As the company regroups from their encounter with the village men, a sharp hiss is heard near one of the huts.

In the dim light you can make out a shabbily dressed peasant. He is leaning close to the side of the hut waving quickly at you.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Alexander walks over to the peasant to find out what he wants: "Speak freely, man: what are Lord Dunley's men doing here?"

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The man nervously looks behind you and then moves backward. "Come with me if you value your life..."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Milton nods that we should follow.

kjc

Post by kjc »

Aldarren - Ranger

Aldarren moves to follow the man.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Aldarren and Alexander help the battered Milton on into the dimness of the village. Around a crude hut, and another, until reaching a small hovel with a thatched roof. The man quickly opens the door to user the company into a small central room. A fire crackles in the night air, throwing off an occasional spark and giving much needed warmth against the cool night.

A woman stands by the fire, stirring a pot. When the man enters, she almost drops her ladle. Even by the dim light of the fire, you can see the fear in her face. Both the man and woman are dressed in ragged clothing, much worse for wear than normal peasant attire. The man's face is gaunt, as is the woman's. Both appear to be half starved.

He extends a hand to you all, "My name is Sep and this is my wife, Erlane. Thank the gods that you came with us! Those men are nothing but thieves and killers. They work for the local lord, Dunley. He is no more a liege lord than I am, but after God Fall, Dunley took control of Lord Gavin's holdings. But never mind all that...right now, you three need to escape while you still can. They will search for you and take your possessions, after they take your lives."

The woman stands silent, attending to her cooking.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Alexander grabs the man by his shoulders: "Why don't you leave with us? There is nothing for you here but fear and misery: in New Wickersham you will find shelter, safety and the good faith. Run, now you still can! Gather the villagers and return to a safe haven with us!"