The Sarboom Undertemple to Bast - Whitebox Dungeon [CLOSED]

Looking for players for your hangouts, Roll20, or PbP game? Do you want to join a game? Post here!
Gazòta Saà Zòba

The Sarboom Undertemple to Bast - Whitebox Dungeon [CLOSED]

Post by Gazòta Saà Zòba »

Note: the game is about to start, however I left it open just in case more people wanted to join.

This dungeon is set in Sarboom, the grandest city of the Isle of Bolomor. There have been rumors of an undertemple to Bast, the evil goddess of cats, underneath the old temple to Bast. Do you dare try to find out?...
(Sorry, I changed the dungeon, it was an issue with what I had prepared, etc., it's still a dungeon, and it still has a dash of Grimm's fairy tale feel to it, at least, that's what I want)

The game is set in a world I've already developed, though not all of the kingdoms I've created are developed with cities made, etc. It takes place on the island of Bolomor, which is an island close to the Crow Kingdoms of the Great Continent. The Crow Kingdoms are the remnants of the Crow or Garoman Empire, to the west of the Great Continent. To the east there is the Píchìng Empire, and to the south there is Aegyptus, in the middle of all three areas there is the Indus Kingdom.

All the characters in this adventure have to be good. There aren't any house rules - I'm sticking to the rules for my first game! However, for flavor's sake, I should say that the elves are more like the fairy from fairy tales or Celtic Legends and Myths, the dwarves are also more like the fairy in fairy tales and in Celtic Myths and Legends. Instead of living in mountain halls, dwarves live in the Hollow Hills like the other Fairy. Halflings are very much like Tolkien's Hobbits, instead of the D&D interpretation of them, and they live in Shires, etc. I'll also let people choose the Gnome race, which has the same stats as Halflings do except, instead of having Deadly Accuracy With Missiles and Near Invisibility, they can create a small item that does a small action anywhere due to the materials Gnomes carry around with them in their pockets, and the skills they have with creating machines, once before one day of rest. For example, a Gnome could create a dagger, or a small clockwork machine that can move between the cracks of a door, or a poison potion that when drunk deals one damage. Small items like that. The Gnomes are also like Fairy a little bit. Also, instead of only being able to level up to fourth level as a Fighter, Gnomes can only level up to fourth level as a magic-user. All other races than humans and halflings are also called "Fairy", and the gods of the world are also considered sort of like powerful Fairy.

I have gods for the Crow Kingdoms and Bolomor, and if your character comes from somewhere else (from the Indus Kingdom, Aegyptus, the Muluk Jungle, or Píchìng), you can either create a diety for your character that loosely follows the theme of that area (Indus Kingdom - India, Aegyptus - the Middle/Near East including Mesopotamia, Egypt, and the Muslim world, Píchìng - Chinese/Japanese), or choose a god from one of the pantheons of the real world equivalent of that area.

Though I should issue a warning - this would be the first time I've GMed a Swords & Wizardry Whitebox game, and although the rules are simple, I might make a mistake now and then!

I hope people are interested!

Note: I might use some Seven Voyages of Zylarthen material on my side, but you won't have to worry about it since it wouldn't affect the players.
Last edited by Gazòta Saà Zòba on Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Gazòta Saà Zòba

Re: Svansfort - Whitebox Dungeon [OPEN]

Sorry, forgot to add that this would be a play by post game on this forum, and would need three to six players, though four to five would be the best number!
"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit." -The Hobbit

"The book you hold in your hand contains a description of a new fantasy world, together with rules for conducting adventures therein." -The Empire of the Petal Throne.

Tarcisiolucashernand

Post by Tarcisiolucashernand »

Hello! I want to join the adventure, I really like PbP games!

Gazòta Saà Zòba

Great! Still need some more people to join though!

"The book you hold in your hand contains a description of a new fantasy world, together with rules for conducting adventures therein." -The Empire of the Petal Throne.

Gazòta Saà Zòba

Hopefully some more people will join!

Gazòta Saà Zòba

Tarcisiolucashernand wrote:Hello! I want to join the adventure, I really like PbP games!
So what race and class would you play? (Considering everything I said)

This isn't official as of yet, and it's just a guideline for me to see what people are choosing for race and class if the game does happen.

Tarcisiolucashernand

Ok, I want to be a human fighter, the classic man in search for glory and adventure...

Gazòta Saà Zòba

Okay!

merias
Site Admin

Re: The Sarboom Undertemple to Bast - Whitebox Dungeon [OPEN

Post by merias »

Just a bump letting you know that I've created the forum for you.

Tarcisiolucashernand

Re: The Sarboom Undertemple to Bast - Whitebox Dungeon [OPEN

Ah, it happens! I love to play by post, and more than once I try to start a game and people just don't show up. It is a thing that happens.
When I have just one player, I use to run a very short adventure with him/her, just to be in touch with the rules, specially if it is a system I didn't played before...so, if you want something like this, you can count on me! But if you prefer to just let it go and wait another opportunity, it is fine, I understand!