CHAT!

Hybrid of Moldvay B/X & Old School Essentials (OSE)

Moderator: badams30

CHAT!

Postby badams30 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:45 pm

I'm in the middle of updating the locations and keying them to the map, so I'm hoping to have them posted in the next day or two. I'm starting out with some basic details of the area, but most detail in the Fair Bluff area where you'll be starting (HEX 10,10) Once you have characters posted and a one sentence background, I'll give each player some addtl backstories, rumors or some starting nuggets. I'll also be updating the campaign info thread with some really basic background and flavor of the area.
As listed in the campaign info thread, we're using the Moldvay B/X rules and OSE rules. Both are avail in free formats, if you don't have them or can't locate, let me know and I'll give you one of the free copies.

I'm fairly new to the Old School Essentials rules (OSE) but they are pretty much the same B/X rules lightly massaged and in a pretty format. There are some slight differences, I think I've mentioned them in the description, but I may have missed a couple things - if this is the case, please let me know of any discrepancies and we can breeze through them. In keeping with the spirit of B/X & OSE, I want this to be a rules-lite campaign.
badams30

Re: CHAT!

Postby badams30 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:58 am

We've got two characters for the time being, I'll post some intro stuff this weekend, and others can join us in progress. I've built this mess as an easy to join on the fly campaign. Prepare for PMs on starting status.
badams30

Postby herself » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:28 am

Hi everyone, thanks for letting me join. Just whipping up a character as we speak... the party looked like they could use a magic user, so (gulp) I've rolled one up! Will be interesting to see how long she lasts, hehe.

@badams30 how would you like to handle my starting spells? Would you like to choose or roll for one, or shall I?
herself

Postby badams30 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:57 am

herself wrote:Hi everyone, thanks for letting me join. Just whipping up a character as we speak... the party looked like they could use a magic user, so (gulp) I've rolled one up! Will be interesting to see how long she lasts, hehe.

@badams30 how would you like to handle my starting spells? Would you like to choose or roll for one, or shall I?

I'll send you an email with some background and how we'll do spells (probably early tomorrow) Thanks again for joining!
badams30

Postby herself » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:38 am

badams30 wrote:
herself wrote:Hi everyone, thanks for letting me join. Just whipping up a character as we speak... the party looked like they could use a magic user, so (gulp) I've rolled one up! Will be interesting to see how long she lasts, hehe.

I'll send you an email with some background and how we'll do spells (probably early tomorrow) Thanks again for joining!

Sounds great! Thanks :)
herself

Return to Adventures in the East Reaches