Maze Rats or Knave

Discuss old-school games that don't have their own sub-forum here
Zorram

Maze Rats or Knave

Post by Zorram »

Anyone play these games? I don't play them directly as written by they have great rollers for detailing NPC's.
Someone combined them into a game called 'Knave Rats' thats floating around freely on the net. It's a good resource and more centered around character building than world building. Maze Rats and Knave arent pay what you want anymore, so that sucks, but if you're looking for free, try knave rats. I'd post a link but I don't think it's an official hack so just going to say it's out there in the ether :lol: :thumbup:

merias
Site Admin

Re: Maze Rats or Knave

Post by merias »

I've played Maze Rats but not Knave. Have heard good things about the tables in Maze Rats, supposedly useful for other games, but I don't recall seeing them, and I can't find my PDF (or maybe I never bought it, possible since I did not run the game).

Zorram

Re: Maze Rats or Knave

Post by Zorram »

Maze Rats has great little rollers for appearance, physical features, clothing style, reputation, etc but also city building, wilderness and dungeon rollers. I've seen the same kinds of rollers all over the place but maze rats really tacks them altogether. I got it for free on rpgdrivethru year ago but now it costs $.
Knave I'm not as familiar with but it has good rollers too, I basically use the rollers from both to slap togeather quick NPC details.
https://www.reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/9 ... _and_maze/
Here's a link to reddit thread for Knave Rats, an unofficial hack of both game systems together. It's free.
:thumbup:

EDIT: He's a cool free game based off of knave that is more official. https://nondairygiant.itch.io/nuked

Nuked! The post apocalyptic Knave hack.