What other games do you play?

Discuss old-school games that don't have their own sub-forum here
William

Re: What other games do you play?

Post by William »

jcftao wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:56 am
And check Risus out and let me know what you think. It is deceptively simple but so much more than it looks at first glance.
I've downloaded and taken a look at Risus. It reminds me of Tunnels & Trolls in its simplicity and lack of logic, but fast play and fun feel. I've also downloaded an adventure called "Talk of the Town" which I'm going to try at some point, probably when we can't all be present to play some form of D&D so we need to fall back on something else (the usual thing we fall back on is board games). I like it so far but I've yet to play it, though I think it could be good for one offs.

Is the new Cairn 2e going to be made available in the stores do you know? I went into one of my local gaming stores the other day and found a variety of OSR games in there (DCC; MCC; Hyperborea; OSE), and I was wondering if Cairn 2e is going to make an appearance.

Bill
Swords & Wizardry....in Blackmoor!
AD&D 1e/ OSRIC
Conan
Greyhawk (1e)
Lankhmar
Ravenloft

jcftao

Re: What other games do you play?

Post by jcftao »

I don't know if the Cairn boxed set will be in gaming stores, but I'm sure that pdfs will be available.

Ring of Thieves is a solo risus starter adventure. It will help you get the feel of the rules. Also, it is free on DTRPG

https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/en/pro ... -adventure

Risus is unassuming and looks simple, but I've found it to be very satisfying to play. I'm running a (hopefully) long term campaign will a pulp feel, 1930s gangster vibe, set in an alternate city based on New Orleans.

Let me know your thoughts as you game with Risus and any questions. A tenet of Risus is "There's no wrong way to play."