PbP White Box FMAG Thunder Rift [CLOSED]

Looking for players for your hangouts, Roll20, or PbP game? Do you want to join a game? Post here!
RetroDMRay

PbP White Box FMAG Thunder Rift [CLOSED]

Post by RetroDMRay »

Hey ya'll, I'm wanting to start up a fully G-rated, family-friendly White Box PbP game that will occur in Thunder Rift and eventually Mystara maybe. We won't do politics, SJW stuff, or anything other than good Old School White Box fun together. There'll be no arguments, or other things which detract from the fun nor detract from or question my DM-ing for you.
I'll have to have at least 5 players to start, so please be patient until then. I can handle maybe a few more than 5, but not many, as this will be my first foray into PnP games. I'd love it if it could be Pb email, in case my connection wavers to this forum though.
Thoughts? Thnx for reading along in this post from an old DM from the 80's, and happy gaming!

merias
Site Admin

Re: PbP White Box FMAG Thunder Rift

Post by merias »

Welcome, RetroDMRay! We've got lots of FMAG fans here, so hopefully this gets some interest.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

RetroDMRay wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:28 am
Hey ya'll, I'm wanting to start up a fully G-rated, family-friendly White Box PbP game that will occur in Thunder Rift and eventually Mystara maybe. We won't do politics, SJW stuff, or anything other than good Old School White Box fun together. There'll be no arguments, or other things which detract from the fun nor detract from or question my DM-ing for you.
I'll have to have at least 5 players to start, so please be patient until then. I can handle maybe a few more than 5, but not many, as this will be my first foray into PnP games. I'd love it if it could be Pb email, in case my connection wavers to this forum though.
Thoughts? Thnx for reading along in this post from an old DM from the 80's, and happy gaming!
Welcome to the forum. While I haven't been here a long time, I've yet to find any divisive behavior, politics or arguments on here or the PbP games - just some fun gaming among folks who like to play and who keep their political and social beliefs separate from gaming. But I do question why you'd call out "Politics" and "SJW stuff" - regardless of the definition or connotation you're trying for, that doesn't exist here, but as a diverse bunch of people on these forums, I am curious why the SJW callout. Everyone I know in the gaming community is friendly, and while some may have strong political opinions that I am aware of via social media or personal interaction outside of this forum, they're adult and don't let it color the game. It seems like a swipe of sorts. Obviously just my opinion.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Obviously as the founder of this forum, I've been here since the beginning and badams30 is correct, there have never been any disagreements here of a social or political nature. These topics just never come up, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Speaking for myself, gaming has been a wonderful escape from the often too-stressful real world (and I suspect for many others here as well, but I won't speak for them). I'm simply here to play and chat about old-school games, and to provide a forum for others to do so.

Barpaulos

Post by Barpaulos »

Hello RetroDMRay,

I am interested in giving this a shot. I am new to PbP gaming, but your game sounds fun and friendly so I would like to try it out. Please let me know.

Regards,

Barpaulos

Zorram

Post by Zorram »

Hello! :wave:
I would also be interested in playing with you guys!
The rules sound great, I really like the G rating!
I'm new to PbP and the thunder rift but I'd love to get into some whitebox FMAG!
I like to play as a fighter, but I'm open to try anything the party needs. 8-)
:thumbup: :D

Barpaulos

Post by Barpaulos »

Zorram wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:18 pm
I like to play as a fighter, but I'm open to try anything the party needs. 8-)
:thumbup: :D
I too am willing to play whatever is needed, but if we are taking votes I favor the thief.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Welcome Zorram and Barpaulos! According to RetroDMRay's profile, he hasn't been back since he posted this a couple of weeks ago. But hopefully he checks in again soon.

Barpaulos

Post by Barpaulos »

Thank you, merias! So far far I’m 0 for 2, but hopefully something will shake loose.

Zorram

Post by Zorram »

Barpaulos wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:25 pm
Thank you, merias! So far far I’m 0 for 2, but hopefully something will shake loose.
Well if you are interested Barpaulos maybe you and me could play a simple dungeon crawl over email? I'm thinking something like the story from the pc game diablo 1. There would be one multilevel dungeon with a big baddie at the bottom. There would be just one main town we can return to for goods and to rest. The town is being harassed by monsters from the dungeon and need a couple hero's to stop it. I'd play as an NPC fighter (zorram), you can be the thief.
I'm not really interested in running a big game with many players over email, but the two of us would be ok.
:thumbup: What do you think about that? :?:

Edit: we could PbP post through private messages here on the forums if you'd like too. I don't care about the email thing really, it's just how I played like that last time. I've never played by post on a forum but I assume it's pretty much the same thing.