Old-fashioned dungeon crawl, anyone? [CLOSED]

Looking for players for your hangouts, Roll20, or PbP game? Do you want to join a game? Post here!
tumblingdice

Re: Old-fashioned dungeon crawl, anyone?

Post by tumblingdice »

Looks like an expensive doxy to me. What were you, Brandon? ;)

badams30

Post by badams30 »

I don’t have the legs for dresses. I’d be more Dr Winchester than Klinger.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

We have five players and a majority vote for B/X. Looks like we have ourselves a game. I won't close the recruitment thread just yet, in case we get any last-minute newcomers, but I will ask for a new forum to get us started. Paul, is this something I can ask you to do? Or should it go through Doug?

Our group and forum should have a name that reflects the fact that we're a bunch of (ostensibly) responsible adults aiming to recapture the joy and wonder of our initial gaming experiences as kids. I was thinking of calling it The Elder Statesmen's B/X Basement, though I worry that a word like statesmen is needlessly exclusive. Any suggestions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Doug is your admin.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

tumblingdice wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:35 pm
We have five players and a majority vote for B/X. Looks like we have ourselves a game. I won't close the recruitment thread just yet, in case we get any last-minute newcomers, but I will ask for a new forum to get us started. Paul, is this something I can ask you to do? Or should it go through Doug?

Our group and forum should have a name that reflects the fact that we're a bunch of (ostensibly) responsible adults aiming to recapture the joy and wonder of our initial gaming experiences as kids. I was thinking of calling it The Elder Statesmen's B/X Basement, though I worry that a word like statesmen is needlessly exclusive. Any suggestions?
You could always go The BX BASEMENT. Or the Elders' Basement. Or just THE BASEMENT.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Marketing guy in the house. Let’s go mysterious! Or add some old school module flair to it:
“THE B/X BASEMENT OF THE ELDER OSR KINGS!”
(I recommend reading that in Morgan Freeman voice...)

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Good suggestion! The (scary adjective) (geographic feature) of (unpronounceable proper noun) is a good template for module titles.

How about Dwellers of the Forbidden B/X Basement?

These are admittedly more AD&D than B/X in tone and style, but I won't rule it out

badams30

Post by badams30 »

tumblingdice wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:44 pm
Good suggestion! The (scary adjective) (geographic feature) of (unpronounceable proper noun) is a good template for module titles.

How about Dwellers of the Forbidden B/X Basement?

These are admittedly more AD&D than B/X in tone and style, but I won't rule it out
I like "Dwellers." I second that, but I'd like to see you photoshop Rik's head onto a Yuan-Ti or Mongrelman. That'd take us over the top.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Maybe toss in the word Esoteric? Really, you could add that word to just about any topic adding immediate intrigue; for example, dung, twinkie, dungeon, boogers, et al. :lol:

badams30

Post by badams30 »

connivingsumo wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:21 pm
Maybe toss in the word Esoteric? Really, you could add that word to just about any topic adding immediate intrigue; for example, dung, twinkie, dungeon, boogers, et al. :lol:
"Journey to the Mysterious Esoteric Lost Dungeon of the Twinkie Booger-Eaters of Doom"

Hard to believe I get all these mad skills from marketing IT products, eh?