PbP White Box FMAG Thunder Rift [CLOSED]

Looking for players for your hangouts, Roll20, or PbP game? Do you want to join a game? Post here!
Barnabas

Re: PbP White Box FMAG Thunder Rift [OPEN]

Post by Barnabas »

Hi! I'm playing a halfling thief. Just checking in!

More in a bit. :D

RetroDMRay

Post by RetroDMRay »

Barnabas wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:39 pm
Hi! I'm playing a halfling thief. Just checking in!

More in a bit. :D
Sweet! Thanks, Bro! Good to have ya with us!

Ray

RetroDMRay

Post by RetroDMRay »

A note regarding the booklet of Expanded Lore for White Box. I will ask that you refrain from using much of it at all. I especially do not like or want feats/"powers" in the game to both complicate and "rules-it-up"...sorry.
Let's please stick to White Box FMAG/Omnibus and Basic Fantasy for this game.
You can knock me on being picky about it, that's fine. Sorry to cause any issues or maybe "stop the fun" here, but I'd just rather not go with it, or any other thing similar please.
If you'd like access to a Basic Fantasy supplement, I'll rule on that in a case by case basis for you, since some of them are also out too, but that's about the farthest. Sorry to those who've kinda already built using it, but please reorganize back to just the ones I've given you and the few houserules adjustments I've added in the game Word document.
Thnx a lot, and I'm still waiting for everyone to complete and submit, so I'll post again as able, soon hopefully.

L8R,

Ray

Persimmon

Post by Persimmon »

Fair enough; I do use parts of Expanded Lore in my version of White Box, but ignore the feats & bloat. Mostly the extra classes and druid spells. But will stick by your rules; it's your universe.
"Behind closed eyes, realize your sight."--Blue Oyster Cult

RetroDMRay

Post by RetroDMRay »

Persimmon wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:19 pm
Fair enough; I do use parts of Expanded Lore in my version of White Box, but ignore the feats & bloat. Mostly the extra classes and druid spells. But will stick by your rules; it's your universe.
Thnx, Bro! I appreciate it very much. Libram Magica for Basic Fantasy is the great spell resource for you, so please go grab that for free on their website. You will not be disappointed at all. Those supercede White Box FMAG/Omnibus spells for everyone, by the way, because they harken way back for me! Enjoy! 😁
Ray

Persimmon

Post by Persimmon »

Just downloaded Libram Magica. I must say that it looks pretty good and hopefully my druid will advance enough to take advantage of some of those cool spells.

RetroDMRay

Post by RetroDMRay »

Persimmon wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:57 pm
Just downloaded Libram Magica. I must say that it looks pretty good and hopefully my druid will advance enough to take advantage of some of those cool spells.
Cool! Enjoy 👍

RetroDMRay

PBEM Thunder Rift DEADLINE!

Post by RetroDMRay »

Hey guys :wave: ,

Alright, so for me, Sunday is a day of mercy and grace, so I'm giving some to everyone in our group for one more week. I've asked very nicely that each member who' has expressed interest, and done some work already in joining in, to be very diligent in checking these posts and responding, checking your email, and emailing me too, but it has happened that a few simply aren't doing so regularly. I know life gets in the way, but this will take a little investment here, and a lot by me, but I'm willing if you are.
If you aren't investing, that simply isn't fair to all who have been moving forward. We cannot progress forward if we aren't all on the same page together, and I simply do not have the free time to keep folks that are lagging behind up to speed, nor cause others to wait on you while I do so.
This is meant to urge you to change and get right, here, not to kick you out. Respond here and you'll remain in. All who do will get started at the end of next week. If not, you'll have to wait for another group to get together, walk away with hopefully no hard feelings, or share with others and start again with them.
After next Sunday morning, those who are in will begin to receive updated info/background/etc... and you'll start out from Keirkensfort immediately so we can begin to learn how this will flow in email together. Storytelling/hexploring in email will be unique to each game and person, so it'll be a big error-filled learning curve for a while.
When you respond here, use your name here on this board, your own name only if you'd like to, and your PC's name/class/race.
Then, if you have access to such, place your character/s into an Excel spreadsheet for me so I can easily update and track them/adjust them (Thnx for this Zorram and please resend your final ones). I'll combine them into one sheet for myself afterwards. If you put them into a Note file/Word/Open Office doc that is also great.
Again, 5-6 PC's would be a minimum for survival for us, and fun for you, so I'll give you the total count once we pass our deadline here.
Only use the resources and Word document in the shared folder for creation and starting out, please. No other supplements. I wanna keep this simple for our fun together, and adding other resources complicates things with even more questions/asks.
Lastly, please feel welcomed here! I want you to play in this, and I'm enjoying all the back and forth communication that some of you have done...it's encouraging!
Any questions, please let me know.
DEADLINE: Sunday Jan 16th!
In by then, and play. Not, then not... and wait. Sorry 😞

Persimmon

Post by Persimmon »

Hey guys,

Does Zorram have an excel sheet he can share in the master folder for all of us to put our info into? I'm pretty tech illiterate when it comes to excel, but I can easily input data into an existing sheet :lol:

Otherwise I'll put my PCs into a word doc. I'm playing Ciryandor the Elven Fighter/Magic-user & Bristlecone the human druid, by the way. They seemed like good fits for the wilderness setting.

RetroDMRay

PBEM White Box FMAG Thunder Rift: New File

Post by RetroDMRay »

Hey guys :wave: ,

I've updated our game Word document so please take a look and adjust accordingly. This is our final update, unless questions arise to cause another revision. :) Check the share folder for that.
Thnx Persimmon, and yes, if anyone would like to undertake putting together all the characters into an Excel for me and sending that, to me only, then I'd love that help, and you'll receive bonus starting XP for your characters for doing so! First one to post here as willing, will get those!!