PbP White Box FMAG Thunder Rift [CLOSED]

Looking for players for your hangouts, Roll20, or PbP game? Do you want to join a game? Post here!
Zorram

Re: PbP White Box FMAG Thunder Rift [OPEN]

Post by Zorram »

Well I'd still be in but if there are no others then I guess it's a no go :thumbdown:

RetroDMRay

Post by RetroDMRay »

Zorram wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:35 am
Well I'd still be in but if there are no others then I guess it's a no go :thumbdown:
Thnx a lot! Yep...I only see you and I now, so I guess it's a no-go. I've tried my Reddit and a Reddit community, MeWe and a couple communities there, and you and I have hit stuff here too, and still nobody. I don't know, dude. Thoughts? Maybe just via email with just the 3 of ya and a couple characters each with potential henchmen as needed, if the other 2 are even around now?

Persimmon

Post by Persimmon »

I'm still down for a game. And I can easily run multiple PCs, henchmen, etc.
"Behind closed eyes, realize your sight."--Blue Oyster Cult

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

In my experience two or three players is fine for a PbP game, I would just pad the party with an NPC or two, or let players run two PCs each. For a while I had four players in my Grimmsgate PbP game, but I had two NPCs with the party. Sometimes if you are using a module you have to tone down the encounters to match the party strength in that case.

But this is totally DM preference, @RetroDMRay if you do decide to run the game let me know, I'll setup a forum for you.

RetroDMRay

Post by RetroDMRay »

Alright! So, we've got Mark, Persimmon, and Zorram all ready to go, and I'm ready, so if you think you're OK with running 2 characters each, and making a few more to have as backups as some die screaming in the wilderness, then let's share emails here so I can start sending creation and game guidelines out to you all.
I'll also share some files on a password-protected Google Drive folder for you all.
It'll be email based so that our schedules won't conflict, mine is crazy as I'm on-call 24/7/365 as a workplace Chaplain. Also email will allow you much more room for description, detail, and conversation convenience rather than postings here.
I will post some important news and info here concerning if anyone new wants in, cancellations or postponements, other such stuff like that, but otherwise it'll be in your email inbox. Ok?
Inter-character interactions/conversations can happen that way too, just cc me on them so I'm hearing you all and butting in when needed...lol.
I'll start by PM-ing each of you with my email address.
Everyone, please respond in email to me so that I know we're ready. Also, Mark, Zorram, and Persimmon, please say yes to this posting too, so I know you're still around, please, for it.
Thnx a lot and let's go! The Rift awaits, explorers!! 😁
Last edited by RetroDMRay on Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RetroDMRay

Post by RetroDMRay »

merias wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:39 pm
In my experience two or three players is fine for a PbP game, I would just pad the party with an NPC or two, or let players run two PCs each. For a while I had four players in my Grimmsgate PbP game, but I had two NPCs with the party. Sometimes if you are using a module you have to tone down the encounters to match the party strength in that case.

But this is totally DM preference, @RetroDMRay if you do decide to run the game let me know, I'll setup a forum for you.
Thnx, Merias! I'm planning on running it with Zorram, Persimmon, and Mark if he shows back up from my PM. Please set that up so I can do those various updates, news, newbies, and other info there, and so we can share privately a bit about the game together. Very excited! First one for me!! 👍 Continue with the advice too... always good to have constructive feedback.

RetroDMRay

Post by RetroDMRay »

Persimmon wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:28 pm
I'm still down for a game. And I can easily run multiple PCs, henchmen, etc.
Check in with your email to me, Bro, and we'll get stuff sent out soon! Cool 👍 😎

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

RetroDMRay wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:52 pm
...let's share emails here so I can start sending creation and game guidelines out to you all.
Probably a better idea to do this via PM, sharing your emails here will get them scraped by the search bots and you will get lots of spam. This also may make some uncomfortable for privacy reasons.

RetroDMRay

Post by RetroDMRay »

merias wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:55 pm
RetroDMRay wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:52 pm
...let's share emails here so I can start sending creation and game guidelines out to you all.
Probably a better idea to do this via PM, sharing your emails here will get them scraped by the search bots and you will get lots of spam. This also may make some uncomfortable for privacy reasons.
Fixed that last post to reflect this. Didn't even think of that. Thanks again, Merias!

Persimmon

Post by Persimmon »

I'm in! Email shared via PM.
"Behind closed eyes, realize your sight."--Blue Oyster Cult