PbP White Box FMAG Thunder Rift [CLOSED]

Looking for players for your hangouts, Roll20, or PbP game? Do you want to join a game? Post here!
Persimmon

Re: PbP White Box FMAG Thunder Rift [OPEN]

Post by Persimmon »

My first two characters will be an elf Fighter/Mage named Ciryandor and a human druid named Bristlecone.

Backups are a halfling thief & a dwarf fighter.
"Behind closed eyes, realize your sight."--Blue Oyster Cult

RetroDMRay

Post by RetroDMRay »

Persimmon wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:33 am
My first two characters will be an elf Fighter/Mage named Ciryandor and a human druid named Bristlecone.

Backups are a halfling thief & a dwarf fighter.
Cool! Sounds great! 👍🙂

Persimmon

Post by Persimmon »

And I realize that White Box Omnibus just gives druids the cleric spell list, but they get their own list in White Box: Expanded Lore. We can discuss later since they don't get spells at first level anyhow.

Zorram

Post by Zorram »

So a two handed sword is only 1D6 dmg? Any bonus for using both hands?

Edit:

Also, Does a paladin have the same saves as a fighter?

Also also, Can we buy equipment items from basic fantasy or just FMAG?

paladins get healing touch at level 1 right?

:thumbup:

RetroDMRay

Post by RetroDMRay »

Zorram wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:40 am
So a two handed sword is only 1D6 dmg? Any bonus for using both hands?

Edit:

Also, Does a paladin have the same saves as a fighter?

Also also, Can we buy equipment items from basic fantasy or just FMAG?

paladins get healing touch at level 1 right?

:thumbup:
You save as a Cleric, you get +2 dmg when using that 2-handed sword (others you CAN put 2 hands on a melee weapon only get +1 extra dmg but 2-handed swords are made for extra dmg like this).
Yes you get healing touch and all 4 of the other houserules in the Paladin entry too.
Equipment, yes, and Armor, but not weapons. All Weapons only do what is listed in White Box FMAG. 🙂
Great questions! Thnx

Ray

RetroDMRay

Post by RetroDMRay »

Persimmon wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:11 am
And I realize that White Box Omnibus just gives druids the cleric spell list, but they get their own list in White Box: Expanded Lore. We can discuss later since they don't get spells at first level anyhow.
You're right. And yes, we can go into that for you later no problem! You will receive an adjusted reaction, based upon your Chr, from animals you encounter, or Intelligent plants, should that ever come up, in Omnibus. 😁 And, you will use all 3 houserules listed there in the Omnibus as well.

Ray

RetroDMRay

Post by RetroDMRay »

So, I promised in my Word doc about our game, that I'd give ya'll the new XP level tables. Actually, if you just look in the Basic Fantasy Core Rules (supplement if you're a Paladin, Ranger, or Race-as-Class Character (which you do not HAVE to do, but can if you wish), you'll see their XP Level tables therein. Just use those instead of White Box FMAG/Omnibus.
What that then does though is extend the HP chart a bit. All classes will stop receiving a rolled HD after level 10 and will only receive the Hit Point modifier per level after 10 as indicated in the Basic Fantasy XP Level tables. Please also refer yourself to Basic Fantasy page 46 for your new Attack Bonus table based upon Basic Fantasy's XP Level tables by class. Paladins and Rangers fit into Fighter, Druids into Clerics, etc...
Also, if you turn to pages 36-37, you'll see how I do Listen/See/Smell/Secret Doors/Notice Traps, and vision and, lighting, mapping, AC for Armor Types, and Movement/Encumbrance. Easy-peezy. Charging and Defensive movement is covered on page 45, and also on pages 46-47 is Attacking from Behind, as well as Missile Fire and Cover and Concealment, and Grenade-like "splash". I do use the 1st Edition and 2nd Edition D&D rule of Missile Rates of Fire, so missile weapons are kinda a big deal, or a big worry for you, whichever way you think about it. :o
If you can Turn Undead, again, I like White Box FMAG and will just extend that table for you as well if you can turn. :)
Lastly, I'll be sending over some 'brief' history for you regarding your part of the setting. Of course, just like can be true in our world, it'll be warped/changed/adjusted based upon the source and the retelling. But I do use racial animosity, so Demi-humans are looked at rather like Tolkien in my world. Not 'necessarily' bad, but certainly odd/off-target/mysterious at best, and sheer animosity at its worst due to the past, several human generations ago. Hope this intrigues you, as it will certainly add many interesting roleplay rewards and challenges to our game. I'm all about good roleplay detail and uniqueness. :D And, I love Tolkien in my gaming as much as possible, within limits of the system and worlds of course.
Okay, that's about all for now. Expect that document either this week and weekend, or perhaps next as time permits.

Thnx a lot,

Ray

Persimmon

Post by Persimmon »

Cool; my characters are basically done, but I'm out of town until Monday. So I'll send scans of the character sheets when I'm back at my home base.

RetroDMRay

Post by RetroDMRay »

Persimmon wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:23 am
Cool; my characters are basically done, but I'm out of town until Monday. So I'll send scans of the character sheets when I'm back at my home base.
Sweet! Looking forward to it! 👍

RetroDMRay

Post by RetroDMRay »

Hey guys,

Please PM me with your email address again, and the name you'd me to call you on emails. I'm finding it hard to put together an email list in Gmail, we have another player now too, and my Samsung notes will serve me better to just copy and paste email addresses into/out of, for contacting you all. Such a pain, but this will help me! I really appreciate it.
Once we start, please designate who will be mapping for your group, so I can get them their extra XP for that crazy task. 🤪
I'm still awaiting some of your characters too, so we'll need to wrap that up before we get started. And, not to sound harsh, but weekly email check-ins with me and post or pm-ing me is vital. If you're group wants to stay together going forward anyway. If that is tough for you you may have to wait for another, slower group... no offense. But we cannot make everybody else wait for you. Cool?
I'm working on the "history background" (what you've always heard or been told anyway) of the Rift, and will upload that to the OneDrive folder soon.

Thnx,

Ray