Dragon's Foot WTH?

General gaming dicsussion
Valdus

Dragon's Foot WTH?

Post by Valdus »

I tried registering at Dragon's Foot, and their verification is rather sickening. WTH is a fourth level illusionist spell that starts with "M", speaking of which what is a gnomish sub-race from the Unearthed Arcana?

I knew all that, had it damn memorized when I was 15. Today I am 50-bloody-2 and that's the reason I do one-page retroclones- One-Pot RPG thank you very much!

merias
Site Admin

Re: Dragon's Foot WTH?

Post by merias »

Welcome Valdus! I noticed that some of the larger gaming forums have very strict sign-up requirements, due to spam accounts. I have had very good luck with the simple method used here - no lookups required, just a common-sense question that is not totally obvious to people not interested in old-school gaming. I am not sure why more sites don't use something similar, it's essentially impossible to automate without a human getting through it at least once.

Also - hear, hear, I am with you on small rule sets. I'm also Gen-X and have no patience for massive or unorganized rule tomes. It's why I believe retro-clones still have relevance, despite the originals now being widely available in PDF or even print again.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Welcome aboard! I’ve been a Dragonsfoot member for about 12-13 years, and I don’t think they had a tough registration process bavk then, but I’ve seen a few forums going that route. Lots of good content on DF, but I mostly lurk on there, too much bickering and arguing. But hey, you’ve made it to the coolest hippest forum on the interwebs!

I’m 50 and I can’t remember what I ate for breakfast, so I feel you.
Welcome! It’s good to see new people joining. If I might ask, where did you hear about this place? There’s a smallish FMAG page on Facebook and people ask about supporting communities and There’s a couple of us who keep inviting the interested. No matter, glad you’re here.

Valdus

Post by Valdus »

Thanks Badam.

I was a member over 20 years ago. But my email changed and there before google so i never find me again.

I messaged you about In Search for Adventure. I commend you on doing all the rolls- not sure if i could. But never tried.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Ah, the dreaded email change. Been there before.

I would like to have players do their rolls themselves, but I’ve had issues with rollers, and I’ve tried one game where I had players go rolls on the honor system, but it slowed the game down a ton. Do just started going the rolls or worked well for a couple other games I was a player in.

Valdus

Post by Valdus »

Do you go blow by blow or report back at the end of battle, because for Pbp thinking of doing it.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Blow by blow. But if the combat is pretty much decided or the outcome is not in question, then I’ll do a quick summary. Works okay.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Hi Valdus. I just saw this thread. Looks like I'm a couple months late to the party. I don't know about the illusionist spell, but the gnome subrace is Svirfneblin. I'm surprised a question relying on Unearthed Arcana would be desirable for an old-school forum.

Okay, curiosity got the better of me. When it comes to illusionist spells, it looks like DF would accept either massmorph or minor creation for an answer.