Advanced Features in FMAG?

A forum for discussion of The Wanderer's White Box: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game
Zorram

Advanced Features in FMAG?

Post by Zorram »

Do you guys like using stuff like wound points, heroic points, sanity, advantage/disadvantage. Shield shattering? Weapons breaking? race as class? Etc. What kind of stuff do you like to add or modify? If any?

merias
Site Admin

Re: Advanced Features in FMAG?

Post by merias »

I think I've tried them all. More consistently, in games I run, I allow shield shattering and an extra attack for fighters that kill one of their opponents. Our group uses hero/luck points a lot in games I play in, for my own games I prefer just to let thieves have a re-roll once per day.

Zorram

Post by Zorram »

Never heard of the thieves reroll once a day rule. Is that just on thieving skils or any roll a thief does?

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Zorram wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:05 pm
Never heard of the thieves reroll once a day rule. Is that just on thieving skils or any roll a thief does?
Any roll that affects them only, in game terms the thief is seen as "extraordinarily lucky". So it could be an attack on the thief that was a killing blow, or a poison saving throw, for example. However, if a re-roll gives the same result, it stands.

Zorram

Post by Zorram »

Oh ok, well that makes sense. I've never heard of that rule, but I like it. :thumbup: