Wickersham, Chapter 2 New Wickersham

Jcftao's Whitebox Campaign
Tamerlaine

Re: Wickersham, Chapter 2 New Wickersham

Post by Tamerlaine »

"Alderren, a word," Tamerlane says softly, leading the Ranger away to show him the the large foot prints. "See the size of them? Far larger than any human. Perhaps you recognize the spoor for what it is? And this," he adds, showing him the crossbow bolt stuck in one of the blackened timbers,"farmers and woodsmen don't use crossbows. Now that you and Sir Alexander are here, perhaps we should follow the tracks."

kjc

Post by kjc »

Aldarren - Ranger
Aldarrren bends to examine the tracks. Without looking up he says, "Giants. Hill giants. These prints are less than a day old." He stands and moves forward only to kneel again. "And here," he says soberly, outlining something in the dirt, "two more sets of tracks. Human...children..."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Milton the Mad strokes his hairless chin. Hill giants, you say? That can't be good. Think we should do something about them? Like, you know, kill them?

Or maybe we should follow those other tracks, try and rescue the tadpoles.

Or maybe just move on.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Alexander looks determined: "We cannot just shrug our shoulders and move along. There are children of the kingdom out there whose souls may still be saved!"

Tamerlaine

Post by Tamerlaine »

"Hill giants, plural," Tamerlane mutters, an index finger tapping the staff nervously. "I doubt the whole of us can take on even one giant. But the children...I think about the children. Perhaps we should at least investigate; that is determine if the children are still alive."

thewegger

Post by thewegger »

Cedric - Cleric

"I agree," says Cedric with a grim look on his face. "I doubt we can go toe to toe with these giants, but there must be something we can do. I won't ignore the plight of innocents."

Son_of_Sod

Post by Son_of_Sod »

Fredrick nods his head.
It is settled then, we shall follow these tracks until we find their owner. The ranger and I can scout ahead if the rest of the party is in agreement.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Alexander tightens the grip on his sword and shield. "Very well, I will stay in the rear and guard our backs."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Milton the mad secures his bow. And I will stay in the middle and guard our waists.

So off to rescue the tadpoles, then?

Son_of_Sod

Post by Son_of_Sod »

Hey guys our DM will be out till Monday due to no internet connection