Chapter 3 --- Journey to Harkbone

Jcftao's Whitebox Campaign
jcftao

Re: Chapter 3 --- Journey to Harkbone

Post by jcftao »

New Wickersham is a welcome relief to tired adventurers. After making the river crossing, the party enters town to the acclaim of the people. News has traveled quickly of the daring rescue of the two youngsters and defeat of the hill giant. The young monk, Frederick, has recounted the tale to Lord Wickersham and his council.

Milton is greeted by the shouts of joy from Peter and Belle, as they throw their arms around his neck.

Lord Wickersham is eager to meet with the company and learn details of the situation to the west.

Actions?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Frederick is on the mend, under the skilled care of Claire at the hospital. He is eager to see the rest of the company.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Milton is glad to see Peter and Belle too. I might need to visit Freddy and Claire too, he muses. This goose egg on my noggin ain't going away as quickly as I'd like.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Alexander will walk straight to the temple to pay his respects to Claire and pray to Theos, thanking Him for his safe return to New Wickersham. "It's good to see you again, milady. How have things been at the temple?" Afterwards, he will meet with Frederick, heartily embracing him: "Thank you for returning the children to safety, my friend! How have you been?"

After Milton, Frederick and Alexander are reunited, I suggest we go see lord Wickersham together and report.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Claire is happy to see that Alexander has returned safe and sound.

She has a look of concern when seeing the rana, Milton. "Let me make a healing poultice for your head, Milton. You will need to rest for awhile before going out into the wilderness,"

"The temple and hospital have been busy with our new arrivals, Peter and Belle. They are wonderful children and have already begun to earn their keep by helping in the hospital. I've learned from them about the tragedy with their father's death at the hands of Lord Dunley's men and also how their poor mother died keeping them safe in the woods. I pray to Theos that we can help the poor people in their village."

Son_of_Sod

Post by Son_of_Sod »

Frederick smiles when he sees Milton and Alexander and chuckles I have been doing as well as one would after being clubbed by a giant

How have things been fairing for you gentlemen?

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Alexander shakes his head: "We barely made it out of the village of Harkbone alive... We unkowingly ran into Lord Dunley's men, and only thanks to the swift words of Aldarren we were granted to flee the village. Our escape was further aided by a local farmer family, from whom we learned that Lord Dunley and his men-at-arms have taken up residency at the manor of Lord Gavin, the former village lord, a day's walk to the southeast of Harkbone."

Alexander turns to Fredrick with a pensive look on his face. "Their numbers exceed our own by many... I have prayed to Theos many times to grant me the wisdom and strength to save the souls of the villagers of Harkbone, but not once did He answer... What can we do to put an end to Lord Dunley's misdeeds?"

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Claire shakes her head at Alexander's remarks. "Don't judge Theos too harshly...you did indeed survive the giant's attack with little more than a few bruises on Frederick. I shall pray for you and your company that Theos grants you wisdom to stay safe in your journeys."

A soldier comes to the hospital, "Lord Wickersham requests your presence at the keep, sirs."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Milton holds his bandaged head and follows the soldier to Lord Wickersham after thanking Claire for her healing touch.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Alexander bids Claire farewell: "Thank you for your wise words and prayers, I was a fool for doubting Theos' ways." He then follows Milton and the soldier to Lord Wickersham.