Chapter 3: The Abandoned Lab

Wouter's White Box Game
Wouter

Chapter 3: The Abandoned Lab

Post by Wouter »

And so Van Illundra joins the party, seeking revenge on Father Faskull who set out to free the legendary Xul from its captivity, deep down in the dungeon. The three Xul cultists - two of them fast asleep thanks to Memphisto's sleep spell, one wounded yet awake, sunken deeply in prayer - are left behind at the shrine, bound securely, to be taken to town on the way back.

The lair beneath the ruins of Kal-Dokk’s tower has been explored for about two hours now, and it’s still early in the afternoon. Yet to be explored areas that are known (map) are:
  • the hallway leading eastward from the shrine,
  • the door at the end of the southbound passage which the party passed just before coming to the shrine, and
  • the crossroads down the eastern corridor near the entrance to the dungeon.
Albin’s torch has died out in the meanwhile. Assuming Dahl will spare a third torch, Albin will light it once the party leaves the shrine, back into the darkness.

jcftao

Re: Chapter 3: The Abandoned Lab

Post by jcftao »

Memphisto confers with the others. "We may press on if the rest of you feel the urgency to do thus. I need to warn you however, that my arcane powers are limited. The farther we go into this hell hole, the harder it may be to get out."

OOC--i have a scroll of sleep we can use for emergencies, but other than that, I'm tapped out of spells.

Magremore

Post by Magremore »

Dahl suggests taking the hall leading east from the shrine and exploring a bit more before heading back to town to regroup. Once the party agrees on a direction, Dahl will furnish Albin with a new torch.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Memphisto agrees to head east.

kwll

Post by kwll »

Lisglen agrees to go east as well. Turning to Van, he asks: "The conversation with this poor cultist soul seems to confirm what you were saying. But I am not very familiar with this Xul he mentioned. Maybe you can tell us more about it?"
Lisglen lvl 2 Human Cleric HP 7/10 XP 2860/3000

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Guided by the light of Albin's freshly lit torch, the party advances through the cold, dark and damp corridor leading eastward.

After 9 m the hallway ends at the northwest entrance of a 9 m by 9m room. The walls and ceiling of this room seem to be plastered and the faint torchlight illuminates the room remarkably well. In the southwest corner is an overturned workbench, around which lie the shattered remains of alchemical laboratory equipment. Two more entrances to this room can be seen: one in the center of the north wall and another in the center of the east wall.

I added Van to the marching order, please let me know if you would like to rearrange.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Memphisto takes a look around the smashed alchemy equipment, just in case there is anything usable.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Most of the precious, delicate glasswork is completely destroyed and utterly unusable. However, among the shards Memphisto finds one alembic and one beaker that are more or less intact.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Memphisto will take the alembic and beaker. He figures that he may need it sometime during his magic research.

kwll

Post by kwll »

Lisglen will check if the north and east doors are locked.
Lisglen lvl 2 Human Cleric HP 7/10 XP 2860/3000