OOC chat #1

Wouter's White Box Game
kwll

Re: OOC chat #1

Post by kwll »

Do I have to pick one once and for all, or do I get to pick one of my choosing every day?
Lisglen lvl 2 Human Cleric HP 7/10 XP 2860/3000

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Marv Breig, Swords & Wizardry WhiteBox, wrote:Spell Casting: Clerics cast divine spells from a specific spell list, as per the Cleric Advancement table. Each day, the Cleric prays for a certain set of spells, choosing any spells from the standard list. Clerics of specific gods might have entirely different sets of spells as designed by the Referee, but the standard Cleric uses the standard spell list.
I guess that means that you can pick a spell from the cleric spell list every day!

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

kwll's question got me thinking and I found the following for spell-casting of the Magic-User:
Marv Breig, Swords & Wizardry WhiteBox, wrote:Spell Casting: Unlike the Cleric, the Magic-user owns a book of spells — which does not necessarily include all of the spells on the standard lists. Reading from this book, the Magic-user presses a select spell formula into his mind, effectively “preparing” it to be cast. Once a prepared spell is cast, the spell formulae disappears from the Magic-user’s mind, and must be prepared again before another attempt can be made to cast it. However, it is possible to prepare a spell multiple times using the available “slots” in the Magic-user’s memory. If the Magic-user finds spell scrolls during an adventure, he can copy them into his spell book.
That would mean that Memphisto isn't necessarily bound to memorizing the sleep spell, depending on what is in his spell book. Memphisto's spell book contains all level 1 spells: you may reconsider memorizing the sleep spell if you wish, jcftao.

kwll

Post by kwll »

Lisglen will pray for CLW then. We will see when we decide to tackle the dracoharpies again what would be the best option.

kwll

Post by kwll »

Shouldn't we prepare some traps in case a giant spider (and her nice little children) come out of the cobwebs?

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

jcftao wrote:Memphisto...Memphisto has a brilliant idea to flush the harpies out. The bulk of the party will stay put at the the southern door to the room (where we currently are located). Several party members will "volunteer" to travel to the other door. They will fasten rope to the door in a way that it may be pulled shut. Next, they shall open the door and raise all kinds of commotion to attract the harpies. When the harpies fly through the door, they will pull it shut and run! The harpies will in no way be as swift as our fastest runners. We shall await their signal and then open the southern door allowing all to escape inside the harpy room, thus shutting them out. When we are ready to leave, we will just reverse the procedure...opening one door to let the harpies in while we exit the other..."...
Great, well thought out tactics! You are welcome and encouraged to try anything, just let me quote OD&D on doors so that you can consider your odds:
Gary Gygax & Dave Arneson, Dungeons & Dragons (Volume 3: The Underworld & Wilderness Adventures, page 9), wrote: Doors must be forced open by strength, a roll of a 1 or 2 indicating the door opens, although smaller and lighter characters may be required to roll a 1 to open doors. There can be up to three characters attempting to force open a door, but this will disallow them rapid reaction to anything awaiting them on the other side. Most doors will automatically close, despite the difficulty in opening them. Doors will automatically open for monsters, unless they are held shut against them by characters. Doors can be wedged open by means of spikes, but there is a one-third chance (die 5–6) that the spike will slip and the door will shut.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Memphisto shrugs, "Must be vermin in these vermin infested halls..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8mYLi3PGOc

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Hmm, I'm afraid some players might have left us... I could run their PCs on "autopilot" for now or we could wait some more to see if we get any additional input. What do you say?

RhinoDino1973

Post by RhinoDino1973 »

That's fine with me.