OOC

Tamerlaine's White Box Game
Eris

Re: OOC

Post by Eris »

Quick note about RL. I'm the sole caregiver for my 95 year old mother and she's been in the hospital since Saturday being evaluated for stroke. She's also got lots of heart trouble (pacemaker, heart attack four years ago, heart failure, etc) and had a small stroke three years ago, so they are being very, very, cautious with her. IAC, the MD's all say tests are negative for stroke now and her heart doc said she's "right down the mid line with that", so it's not that either, yay! But it could have been one of those TDI's (mini strokes) because they don't usually show up on tests so they have only decided to let her come home today.

At home, now, she seems a lot more weak than she was even last week and I'm having to be extra attentive and watchful to make sure she doesn't fall and or have a "spell."

Long and short of it, I'll be posting haphazardly for a while. I'll still be here and will post, when I can, but if I miss a day or two and you need the game to move ahead, feel free to NPC Loren.
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Best of luck, Eris: I hope things will be better soon!

Eris

Post by Eris »

Wouter wrote:Best of luck, Eris: I hope things will be better soon!
I hope so, too, but she's 95, so I doubt things will get better before they get worse. That's enough Debby Downer from me, though, so I'll just try to cheer up.

And thanks for the thoughts.

klarkash-ton

Post by klarkash-ton »

All the best to you and your mum Eris. At least you get to spend some quality time together at home rather than being stuck in the hospital.

Tamerlaine

Post by Tamerlaine »

Sane here Eris. I hope everything works out.

Eris

Post by Eris »

Tamerlaine wrote:Sane here Eris. I hope everything works out.
Thanks.

Tamerlaine

Post by Tamerlaine »

I hope everyone had a safe holiday. If I was out of pocket for a few days well, mea culpa. As an Irish Catholic with a large family, Easter is as big as it gets so I was busy busy busy with all that. But now that the holiday is over, back to it!

Tamerlaine

Post by Tamerlaine »

Sorry guys, been dealing with an eye infection and Its been difficult to read. I was hoping it would have cleared up by now. Give me another day or two.

klarkash-ton

Post by klarkash-ton »

No problem, I hope you get well soon :)

Eris

Post by Eris »

Tamerlaine wrote:Sorry guys, been dealing with an eye infection and Its been difficult to read. I was hoping it would have cleared up by now. Give me another day or two.
Sorry to hear about your eyes. Hope you're better soon! I'm fine with a few days off if you need it.