Chapter 1

Tamerlaine's White Box Game
Tamerlaine

Re: Chapter 1

Post by Tamerlaine »

Cauley can't look at the cleric, instead he stares at the dregs of his beer at the bottom of his tankard. "As I heard it 'round camp, after they gutted ol' Abathis he was tossed onto the altar before they torched the place. He wasn't dead yet, just barely alive. People heard a horrible scream come out from inside as the chapel burned."

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Yilmaz stares blankly at his hotpot for a while: he has lost his appetite and shoves his plate away from him a few inches. "That's terrible..." he says with a grim face. He takes a big swig from his ale and then looks up at Cauley: "So this Bowb dictates the beat around here? Are there no local authorities?"

Tamerlaine

Post by Tamerlaine »

"Black Bowb rules this valley," Cauley replies. "The local lord is gone, lost to the constant fighting over the years. Bowb's a deserter, brought a few other deserters together. He's a smart one, sees there's no authority here and steps in, calls hisself a baron. Ain't no one around to challenge his title. He don't take kindly to anyone speaking against him either. He's not called Black Bowb on account of the color of his hair, but the blackness of his heart. You just killed two of his men. He ain't gonna let that slide, no sir. He'll be coming for us, but he's smart. He'll take his time and strike when he's good and ready. Probably try'n trap us or whittle us down little be little. Maybe even send an assassin to kill you while you sleeping."

Eris

Post by Eris »

"Yes, we will have to deal with this Black Bowb, but perhaps not today."Loren says sternly,"Today, I'll need to say a prayer over my martyred brother and reconsecrate the ground upon which the chapel sat."

"Cawley show me to the chapel, to where it was." Loren says.
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA

sexyhamster

Post by sexyhamster »

The story did not dampen Gormlaith's appetites as she wolfs down her hotpot. Gulping down her ale, she wipes her mouth with the back of one hand and looks over at Loren. "A terrible thing, what they did to Brother Abathis. Reminds me of home. When the time comes, I'll help you seek justice."

Then she looks over at Yilmaz and points to his hotpot. "You're not going to eat that?"

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Yilmaz quickly pulls the bowl towards him and smiles at Gormlaith as he starts eating: "Don't you dare come between an old man and his dinner, now..." he jokingly mutters. He then turns to Loren: "I will accompany you to the temple, if it suits you. I'd like to see with my own eyes the damage that was done by Bowb."

In a more whispering tone he then consults with Gormlaith and Loren: "I highly doubt it is wise to stay here tonight, considering what our new friend Cauley has been telling us and the fact that we were seen here by Gedde, one of Bowb's henchmen... What do you think..?"

Eris

Post by Eris »

Wouter wrote:Yilmaz quickly pulls the bowl towards him and smiles at Gormlaith as he starts eating: "Don't you dare come between an old man and his dinner, now..." he jokingly mutters. He then turns to Loren: "I will accompany you to the temple, if it suits you. I'd like to see with my own eyes the damage that was done by Bowb."

In a more whispering tone he then consults with Gormlaith and Loren: "I highly doubt it is wise to stay here tonight, considering what our new friend Cauley has been telling us and the fact that we were seen here by Gedde, one of Bowb's henchmen... What do you think..?"
Loren eats his meal quietly and quickly thinking over what Yilmaz has said.

Finally he says, "I don't think we'd be any safer sleeping elsewhere tonight. At least here we'd have a roof over our heads and maybe only one door to defend. Making camp out somewhere would give any assassins more options we'd have to cover against."

Better I think to stay here, but post a guard and sleep with our weapons close to hand."
Loren goes back to eating.

Tamerlaine

Post by Tamerlaine »

"You'll be safe 'ere in the inn," Cauley remarks. "Bowb won't cross Lastel, that I do know."

OOC: Are you going to the church after dinner or wait till morning?

Eris

Post by Eris »

Tamerlaine wrote:"You'll be safe 'ere in the inn," Cauley remarks. "Bowb won't cross Lastel, that I do know."

OOC: Are you going to the church after dinner or wait till morning?
OOC: I think wait until morning would be the prudent thing to do.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Yilmaz nods a Cauley's reassurance: "Very well, we will stay at the inn then." He then turns to Loren with a faint smile: "Let's get some good night's sleep and visit the church first thing in the morning, my friend. This old man needs some rest right now."