Chapter 1

Tamerlaine's White Box Game
Eris

Re: Chapter 1

Post by Eris »

Loren looks at Cauley and asks, "Do you know this man? Is he part of Bowb's gang?"

"And if he get's an equal share, then I think Cauley should have one too." Loren adds.
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Yilmaz takes both vials and puts them in his backpack. He closes the chest, locks the room behind him and joins the others at the cemetery. He introduces himself to Deccon and his face grimaces slightly at the firm handshake. He smiles, rubbing his sore hand: "Well met, sir Deccon Stormfall! I am Yilmaz the Old, as people have come to know me around these parts. I'm sure we could use a big, strong fellow like you." He skeptically looks at his worn old staff and sighs. "An old man like me can hardly defend himself... I would feel much more comfortable if you were to join us and make sure we all stay safe."

Yilmaz produces the old map from under his robes and muses over it for some time... He then thinks out loud, hesitantly and in a soft voice: "Of course, if witches are going to be involved, I doubt we will ever be truly safe at all... Both swords and wizardry have shown to stand weak against the following of the Nameless One..."

Tamerlaine

Post by Tamerlaine »

Eris wrote:Loren looks at Cauley and asks, "Do you know this man? Is he part of Bowb's gang?"
Cauley looks at Deccon for a long moment and then shakes his head. "No, I don't know 'im."

Then Yilmaz reveals himself and takes out his map. Gormlaith takes hold of he wicked looking two-handed sword and grins. "I'll put my steel against any witch, Old Man. If we ever should meet, make me a path to this witch and I'll cleave her from head to navel. Now I've for for treasure and glory and I'll not be denied. With the map and Cauley's guidance, I say let us shove off and make our start."

klarkash-ton

Post by klarkash-ton »

Wouter wrote:Yilmaz takes both vials and puts them in his backpack. He closes the chest, locks the room behind him and joins the others at the cemetery. He introduces himself to Deccon and his face grimaces slightly at the firm handshake. He smiles, rubbing his sore hand: "Well met, sir Deccon Stormfall! I am Yilmaz the Old, as people have come to know me around these parts. I'm sure we could use a big, strong fellow like you."
"Well met Yilmaz" says Deccon with a rare smile "don't worry, I'll pull my weight" as he unhooks his shield and thrusts his left forearm through the straps. He was already beginning to like this old timer, though he had no doubt there was more to him than met the eye.
Tamerlane wrote: "Now I've for for treasure and glory and I'll not be denied. With the map and Cauley's guidance, I say let us shove off and make our start."
"I'm with the lady. Lets get to this treasure before Black Bowb and his witch even know we're coming."

Eris

Post by Eris »

"We need to think on this a bit." Loren says, "Gormlaith has injuries that need to heal. I'm afraid I lack the ability to call upon Father Sol for divine healing or to imbue potions with such power. So, unless we can find potions of healing from somewhere we will just need to wait a few days. Not a choice I like, but the wise move, I think."

"Cauley, do you know of any Wise Woman or hermit in the area that brews such potions?" asks Loren.
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Yilmaz steps forward: "I may have found something of use back in the clergyman's chambers." He takes out the vial he found in the chest, unseals the stopper, pops it open and offers it to Loren. "I believe this is a potion with healing powers: have Gormlaith drink it and we'll be well on our way soon enough."

klarkash-ton

Post by klarkash-ton »

"I've a feeling we're gonna need the lady's sword-arm where we're goin', and I've a feeling we'll need that potion as well. Maybe the best course is for Gormlaith to rest and get back to full strength?

In the meantime, is there anything fancy you lot reckon we'll need for this little quest? I've nought but what I'm carrying..."
says Deccon.

Tamerlaine

Post by Tamerlaine »

After much discussion centered around the state of the wild barbarian's health and the usage of a potion of healing, Gormlaith finds herself back at the inn confined to bed despite her strong objections. The innkeeper's wife knows a thing or two about healing teas and poultices which in turn accelerates the warrior's recuperation. In three days Gormlaith is hardy and hale once more.

While Gormlaith was bedridden and the rest cooling their heels nothing of circumstance happened in Wodbury. Of course one couldn't help if someone was watching, or was that just nerves. Gedde has been visiting for a long pint or two, just long enough to take in the party's presence.

OOC: Gormlaith is itching and rarin' to go. I'll give you guys a moment to post any purchases or changes or whatever before you guys set off.